Wednesday, January 26, 2022

January Challenge .... Tick!

Well, my friend (no-blog Mary) and I have completed the January binding challenge!  Wooo hoooo!

My quilt is bound, label and sleeve on ..... DONE!

This is not the best photo, but it will have to do for now.  Next month, all my red/neutral quilts will be on display and hopefully, that will be a good time to take a decent photo.   The quilt has been hung onto my curtain hiding my stash.  We won't talk about that!  LOL
 
This is no-blog Mary's quilt.  Let the heavens open up and let the angels sing "hallelujah".  Well done, Mary!
We have chosen our February quilts, but that will be on another post.

I've been busy on other matters.  Like, sewing a removable nursing cover and cushions for a rocking chair.  There is a new nephew coming and I did my contribution for the nursery.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Congratulations to both of you on your finishes.

Jennifer said...

Yay on the binding.....and I love the backing!

Kyle said...

Being accountable with a quilting buddy and getting bindings sewn on is a fun way to make notable progress. Love your quilt and Mary's too.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Kudos! What a wonderful finish! I never bought much Thumbleberry fabric because my favorite quilt store didn't carry much of it, but the backing on this quilt is my all time favorite Thimbleberry fabric. I just love it. It is long out of print but I sometimes find a piece or two at thrift stores and yard sales. So delicious! Great finish!

Chookyblue...... said...

There is still a few days in January left so I might make your deadline also....... Best go find a quilt fast...... Congrats on the finishes...... You and Mary did well....

Vicki W said...

Your quilt is beautiful!

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt! yay for getting the label and sleeve on.
The colors are so calm and cozy.
yay for you

loulee said...

Beautiful finishes. Didn't I see this on Zoom?