Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A friendly challenge

My friend, no blog Mary, and I have decided to challenge each other to bind one quilt per month.  

With 11 quilts to bind plus 3 more at the LAer (no blog Mary won't reveal how many she has!), this was the perfect challenge for both of us.  Anyone wondering why I call her "no blog Mary"?  I can't remember, but the name has stuck.  When she sends gifts my way, she always writes "no blog Mary".  Oh, the things we do to amuse ourselves!  LOL

This is my quilt that I will work on this month.  It would be nice to hang this quilt up next month with all my other red/neutral quilts.

My quilt will have the gingham fabric on the bias for the binding.
The quilt below is from no blog Mary.  Beautiful job!  
Her quilt will have navy blue binding.
Yes, I think this challenge is just what we need.  Sometimes a gentle push gets us going.  

This photo shows all of my quilts (except one) that is my challenge for this year.  Fun times ahead, for sure!
On a different note, this is a hibiscus plant that was pulled from my sister's garden this past fall.  What a beautiful bloom!  Let's see if I can continue to make it bloom.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well......that will keep you and Mary out of mischief, for sure! lol We have been surprised to see hibiscus growing in Ontario, as they are usually considered tropical plants - we even saw one outside a store in Toronto.

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice to see what you and Mary are going to bind...... Maybe I should do one with your. ... But it's pretty hot here.....

Kim said...

My goodness, you and "No Blog Mary" have some fabulous quilts there to bind. Your red neutrals quilt is fabulous. I cannot imagine having that many quilts in readiness to be finished. How fun to cheer one another on as you bind away.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

That is an ambitious challenge. I cannot believe you have 11 quilted quilts ready for binding. Wow! Good luck with all your "finishes"!

cityquilter grace said...

pretty quilt....and yes you've a busy year ahead!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

What is the pattern of your red/tan quilt. Beautiful!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

What is the pattern name for your red and tan quilt. Beautiful!!