Sunday, January 9, 2022

Liking my binding!

I'm quite happy with my choice of binding for my "Presents Galore" quilt.  It took a while to hand cut the bias strips and then matching the pattern when sewing the strips together; but, oh, so worth it!

It has been very cold this week.  Just before heading out to do my weekly grocery run, my husband looked out the window and said we have a sun dog (vertical piece of brightness in the centre of the sky).  I was able to capture it with the camera.
It looks like a vertical rainbow.  About 10 mins. later and it was gone.  Lucky me to have captured it.
Today, it is snowing but there is a layer of ice under the snow.  Very slippery to be driving/walking anywhere today.  The snow is starting to pile up.  Unless we get a January thaw, soon those steps will be just a white blob of snow.  We have been having such crazy weather lately.  A few days of very frigid cold temps., then last night almost above freezing (the reason for the layer of ice) and tonight back to frigid temps. again.  Crazy!  Mind you, it is nice to get a break from the frigid temps.  
Another great day to stay inside and sew!  Back to the binding.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

good to hear the binding is happening........never see a snow dog...........
stay in and warm....

Jennifer said...

How lucky - a sun dog! Like the binding, absolutely love the backing. Stay warm.....I can swap you a few degrees if you like, we have some to spare at present.

Kyle said...

Binding with character!

cityquilter grace said...

wow beautiful phenomenon....and i love that header photo!