Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New Year!

A New Year .... 2022 ..... will it be a good year?  Covid cases are up in our area.  For two years, our numbers sat mostly in the single to mid teen digits then wham we are in the four hundreds now.   Are people getting lax or is the virus getting stronger?  Hubby and I received our booster shot last week.  Will we need to get another down the road?  We will, if necessary.  To keep us safe, we are still wearing our masks, washing our hands and keeping our distance.   To be clear, everyone in our province must wear a mask.

On another note and a more positive one .... let me do a recap of what got accomplished in 2021.

First up, what quilts got made?  Six quilts.  Not bad, but I could have done better.  Not to worry, this year will be better!


Oh, I mustn't forget the three baby blankets for our local NICU.

How can I do better?  Well, there are quite a number of quilts waiting to have binding sewn on them.  How many?  Eleven, so far.


Plus, these three which are at the LAer and I will be getting back in a week or so.  That will bring the total to 14 quilts to have binding.  Will they all get done this year?   To be realistic, probably not, but what exciting times ahead!
Tops waiting to be quilted.

ZERO

NADA

NONE

ZILTCH

That is happy news for me!  My garage friends will be so happy.  No more kicking me in the butt to get those tops quilted.  No more lectures with fingers wagging.  No more diarrhea for one of my friends when she thinks about them.  She would get nervous and have to make a mad dash to the bathroom.  True.  We all laughed whenever she told us about it. Oh dear, I didn't want her to suffer like that, so I quietly worked away on those tops.

From now on, my tops will get to the LAer in a timely manner.  

Now .... UFO's ..... always a tough spot for me.

The year 2021 started off with 35 tops.  Seven projects (see all those x's) got to the flimsy stage and quilted.  Some of these are on the binding list.  Seven projects ..... actually not bad at all.
So .... 35 tops minus 7 should bring me down to 28 UFOs.  Right!  Wrong.  There were a few squirrels that came to play and stayed around.  

My UFO's are sitting at 32 at the start of 2022.  I figure about seven will get done this year.  We shall see ..... we shall see ......  Some of these UFO's were worked on last year and they have moved along nicely.  Just need to bring them to the last stage.  Will there be squirrels?  Absolutely!
So, that, my friends was 2021 .... time to move forward and see what 2022 will bring.

I've been zooming with other ladies from around the world.  So interesting to see what they are working on.  A number of these ladies have blogs which I've read for quite some time.  How lovely to meet and talk to them.  Chookyblue is the hostess and she sets up the zoom meetings for all of us.  When I zoom, handwork is the preferred project to work on.  The last few meetings, my EPP Xmas Stars has been pulled out and that is my go-to project at the moment.  I do want to get the top finished and move that one along to the LAer.

During our Xmas zoom meeting, Chooky asked what Xmas food traditions are in our family.  Well, I got everyone's attention when I mentioned Pig's Feet jelly on buttered toast.  What?  Yes, google it and you will get more information.   There are different versions on the making of this meat dish.  Then, we started talking about pastry and dough.  What is the difference?  I talked about what my Mother did with leftover pastry by making  pets de sœurs or nun's farts.  That got a chuckle.

Yes, zooming is fun.

Cherish your day, cherish your life, make the best of 2022!

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Absolutely wonderful achievement with the quilts...... I'm sure you will get quiet a few bound now.... Mine take a long time at that stage also....... You always get educated on something in zoom......I love that we all come from such different places...... See You soon on zoom..... Again! Wonder what we'll learn this time......

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year.....and well done on working your way through so many projects!

Kyle said...

Your post made me smile today. Your accomplishments are awesome. With just all those bindings to finish, your record for next year will be big time. It might get boring doing just bindings but, wow, that would make a lot of cross offs for 2022.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely quilts and great progress....my mother would make the soldiers version...no milk...

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Rose, what a beautiful post which I loved. You have so much to be proud of with this amazing array of beautiful quilts. A very fond Happy New Year to you!