Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Goal is Met!

Whew ..... I was striving for a year-end (more like a decade) goal and it got achieved yesterday!  Time to celebrate!

Yesterday, the last of my tops got dropped off to my lovely LAer.
These are the last three tops.  What started off on a journey of 31 tops are now down to zero.  ZERO!  The journey took a number of years but in the process I've learned that it is more pleasurable to actually see finished quilts rather than tops sitting on a shelf.  When I look around my home, there on display are quilts that I longed to have hand quilted myself, but knew, in my heart, that they would never get done.  So, off to the LAer they go!
Of course, in the new year, there will be more tops and they will be delivered to the LAer in a timely manner.  No more sitting around gathering dust.  My UFO's have increased but more on that in 2022.

This was the dump of snow that fell Monday afternoon into the evening hours.  Accidents, accidents everywhere.  This was our vision Tuesday morning.  A winter wonderland.  We had more snow overnight and it is still snowing as I type up this post.  
With the Omicron variant going crazy, our Xmas celebrations will be curtailed yet again this year.  We still wear our masks, wash our hands and we are trying to book our booster shots.

So, however you celebrate ...... stay safe!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

10 comments:

Kim said...

So many gorgeous quilts to mark the days of your life. A beautiful accomplishment, that’s for certain!

Kim said...

Well done on your accomplishment on dropping off the last of your gorgeous quilt tops to your quilter. You have so many beautiful quilts. It certainly looks like a winter wonderland there; peaceful and serene. May you enjoy a lovely Christmas. I look forward to seeing what lovely quilts you imagine in 2022. Stay safe and take care!

julieQ said...

That is an amazing accomplishment. Bravo!!! Enjoy your LIFE!! and Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

That is a great achievement -- something to be proud of, for sure! Stay safe in that snow, I have heard from our son that people forget how to drive safely when the first flake of snow falls.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on your three finishes this year. They are all gorgeous! I especially like the one in the center.
And I love your snow. It's a beautiful, beautiful photograph! Wishing for some here in central Ohio

eloidastitches said...

Congratulations on making the move to get the last of your tops finished up! You continue to amaze me with all you accomplish, and I continue to enjoy reading what you are up to and your process. Wishing you and yours a Blessed Christmas, and a Happy and healthy New Year. Cheers!

Kyle said...

Wow! What an achievement. Stay safe and Merry Christmas.

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats on all the tops being finished.....
Omicron is ruining everyone's plans......

kiwikid said...

Well done on all the quilts being finished, great achievement.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well done on those quilts - the quilt on the right side of the photos I really like - so pretty