Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Oh hexie, hexie, hexie

The left hand side of this section has been added .... now onto the right side.

.... and, before I knew it ..... just like that ..... this section is done.  Three rows added to the top and bottom!  Just need to do the remaining three sections.
I needed to clear up my design wall to get this UFO up and running.  More on this for a later post.
In order to clear the design wall, all my hexies for the other sections were carefully removed and pinned and labelled onto this fabric.  Don't these hexies look wonderful on that dark fabric?  This is giving me ideas for my next EPP project .... because after this one is done, there are no EPP projects to do.  Mind you, I do have a quilt-as-you-go hexie project .... but why not have another one to fall back on?!  LOL

My sister and I went back to the cottage to set up a bucket mouse trap.  No photos taken, but we are hoping that this will work.  We also caught a mouse in the garage a few weeks ago.  They are looking for warmth and food and any opportunity they come in.  We have had mice in our garage and also our home, but a simple mouse trap is easy to set up and maintain and check on.  Our cottage is closed until next May and if mice do get in, they make a bit of a mess and smell.  So, that bucket is our next option to try out.  In the past, we have set up mouse seed and they do work somewhat, but the mice still make a mess.

Of course, we stopped at the bridge again to take a look at the dam.  What a difference a few days make.  The ice has really taken hold and doesn't the fall of water look interesting with the ice forming at the base.  

The lake has now frozen over with a layer of snow on top.  The ice is not safe to venture onto until we have had a few weeks of very cold temps.

I've been busy making pillowcases for toddler pillows.  No photos.  I just made them and passed them on.

My two grandnieces wanted stockings for their hamsters for Xmas.  One is called 'cow' and the other is 'hammy'.  What do you think of their drawings so far?  I just drew the stocking outline onto the fabric and told them not to draw beyond the solid lines.

Here are the finished stockings.  They had tremendous fun drawing and colouring their designs onto the fronts of the stockings.  The hamster names will be written at the top onto the headers.  They are so thrilled with their stockings and I'm quite proud of them!

On my hubby front .... he is getting help with his speech.  His stuttering is what twigged me to get him diagnosed for Parkinson's.  He does have frozen moments and words just can't come out of him.  I'm glad he will get some help.  It must be so frustrating for him, but he deals with it best he can.

So, that was my life during these past few days!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those girls never stop surprising us, do they! Oh my, that looks so c-c-cold.....you are right, a dark background suits your colours very well. When you live with someone every day you notice changes in their behaviour more than someone who only sees them occasionally, such as a doctor.

cityquilter grace said...

hexie quilt coming along very very nicely! and such cute stockings! i love making them myself....

Barbara said...

Love your hexies. Do you know what year the red and white applique kit was released? I've looked in mine and can't find any hints. Thanks.

Vicki W said...

I really love your hexie project and those stocking are adorable! I hope the speech therapy helps your husband. I have a friend dealing with Parkinson's. It's brutal.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I am not sure if I could trust going out onto the lake.....what if it cracks and you fall in.......

It does look pretty.....
what fun with the stockings.......

Goodluck with hubby and his diagnosis..........