Thursday, November 16, 2023

UFO Time

This old UFO got pinned onto the design wall in hopes for some inspiration to suddenly come to light ..... and I figured out what to do.

First off,  my star was going to be at the centre and then go with circles.  No, that won't do.   The circles were just not enough. ... as in .... blah!
How about alternating one of the circles with leaves.  Yes, this works for me.  
Then, I decided to lengthen the top by adding 3 rows to the top and bottom of each section.  While pulling fabrics, I found that quite a number of fabrics used are not around anymore (they got all used up) and I had to put in new fabrics along with any of the older fabrics so that the new rows would not look too different.  Below is one section almost complete and ready for assembly.  There will be some ripping out to do first, but it will not be too much of a problem.
This week, four more quilts were picked up from the LAer.  That will probably be it until the spring as I just don't like driving the highway during winter.  I mentioned that tidbit to the LAer and she had thought the same thing.  The older we get, the less comfortable we are about winter driving.
So, this winter will see me working away on my UFO list and that is always a good thing!

Hubby and I have just finished our chores in readiness for winter.  A list has been made so that nothing will be forgotten for next year.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes - circles and leaves do it for me, too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

The circles and leaves are a wonderful complement to this piece, Rose Marie. Great to be finishing up a UFO as well. No to winter driving here too.

cityquilter grace said...

great choices on finishing this...can't wait to see it done as well!

loulee said...

Four more bindings to sew on! I look forward to seeing progress on your WIPs.

Redfinch said...

I've read your blog for years--thank you for sharing so much of your "ordinary" life along with your quilting projects. Your story today about the ice forming in the lake prompted me to look up North Bay to see how far north it actually is. I grew up in Michigan's UP, and lo and behold, it's almost exactly the same latitude as you are! No wonder I love to read your posts about the beavers, the fall leaves, and all the season changes.
God's plan for me has involved many locations throughout my life including several years in the Philippines, as far south as Florida for 15 years, and now retired in central Virginia in our little retirement house on the edge of our daughter's family's farm.
THANKS again for all you share,
Ruth