Saturday, February 26, 2022

Postcard from Sweden

Have you seen all the progress on the newest sew-along called "Postcard from Sweden" at https://www.mmmquilts.com/ ?   Some time ago, she offered the pattern and since there was a bin of solids and polka dot fabrics in my stash .... well, I couldn't resist, now could I?  LOL

I received my pattern and then started cutting out as close as possible to the colours in the pattern.   My goal was to use up what was in my bins.  In a lot of cases, my colours were way off and that was expected to happen.

Once my triangles were put up on the wall to take a good look at the colour layout, I didn't like them at all.  So ..... out went the colour placement as per the pattern and enter my own version.  Oops .... I did it again by going my own way.  This is what I'm going with.   There will be borders on my quilt to make it bigger.
There are oodles of triangles leftover but they will be used perhaps on the backing or in another scrappy quilt.  

Has the bin been reduced .... no ..... still lots left.  There will be another squirrel happening with those fabrics!  Yeeha!

The world is in such a tilt these days.  Aggressors (at home and elsewhere) need to take a chill out pill and rethink what they are doing.  Violence is not the answer.  It never is.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

loulee said...

I saw this on zoom last night, it looks amazing. Going your own way is working out just fine.
Was good to spend some time hanging out, chatting and stitching with everyone on zoom.

Jennifer said...

Love the bright colours.....but so far I have resisted!

Kyle said...

Isn't all about our own interpretation? Your color choices are cheerful and playful.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely to see you on Zoom yesterday...really like your version...

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful, I love your version so far.

cityquilter grace said...

how did i miss this sew along???? i absolutely loved this the first time i saw it and yours is no exception....i love working with solids and i am over the moon about this quilt...keep posting the progress...drooling big time here..

Chookyblue...... said...

Looking forward to seeing this come together......

Nicole said...

Ooh- I love this one!