Sunday, February 13, 2022

Done, done, done .... well, almost!

Finally, my Xmas Stars center is done!   My arm is sore from sewing and so are my fingers ..... but Lordy, I have a centre!  Now to get borders on ......

The outer border was almost ready to be sewn on ..... but hit a snag.  I just don't like the way the flower design is lining up.  So, my thinking cap is on and a solution will be decided on.

See the arrow?  I want the flower on the left to line up, but I can't get them to line up at both ends.  One end would be lined up, but not the other end.  Grrrrr   This will never be in a quilt show, so why bother?  Well, it bothers me to no end.
A few ideas have come to mind .... now to decide on which one.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

9 comments:

Churn Dash said...

Can you take a seam in at the centre so that it looks right at the edges? I guess the downside is that it would look wrong in the centre.

Kyle said...

Hopefully, you'll get something to work out. The center is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Little things like that can be annoying, but you will work it out. It's a beautiful top!

loulee said...

Well, from way over here I can't tell if they line up or not, it looks beautiful.
But if it bothers you, then you will have to find a fix.

Sandra Walker said...

Wow this is a beautiful quilt! I scrolled back a bit and congrats on this month being 15 years in blogging!

Kim said...

Oh Lordy, Lordy, you do have a Xmas Stars centre, and a beautiful one at that. It never really matters if a quilt is entered into a quilt show or not; we have to be happy with our quilts, don't we. Besides, your centre is so amazing with a lot of love and work that has gone into it, it deserves a beautiful border you are happy with. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

julieQ said...

So pretty!!! I love it!

Chookyblue...... said...

An Olympic effort on this one..... Goodluck sorting the flowers.......

Deb said...

Good morning I have a suggestion to make it easier on your gorgeous quilt and perfectionism how about a star on each corner? Can you make 4 more? It looks amazing RM: