Friday, March 18, 2022

Postcard from Sweden

Well, I'm tickled pink that my top is a top.  That is an odd expression .... but nonetheless, I'm very pleased.  I wonder if anyone else participating in the quilt-along that was hosted by https://www.mmmquilts.com/ will add borders to their tops?  Go here to see other quilts/tops and the link to Instagram.

Backing fabric has been pulled and that will be next to get made.  Batting will be frankenpieced.  Have you heard about the cost of batting these days?  Every little piece counts and will get pieced together.  I still have batting on rolls, but I really need to shrink my stash of smaller odds and ends.

Next up will be getting borders on a few more tops and get them ready to bring them to my lovely LAer.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

10 comments:

Raewyn said...

Your top is beautiful - the border is a great addition - the colour works so well!

Jennifer said...

That is a fun quilt - and your border choice is just right!

loulee said...

What a beautiful quilt top.

cityquilter grace said...

beautiful and even more tempting than before! lol...

Kim said...

I always use my leftover pieces of batting for QAYG hexies. As for your quilt top it is stunning. Glorious use of colours. Love that wide border, too.

Kyle said...

Awesome colors. 👌

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loved that Dotty Dots.Reminds me of the Circle a Day quilt I made a few years back. LOve your piece here...so many lovely solids in beautiful shades. Happy Saturday, Rose Marie.

Sandra Walker said...

This is just so beautiful to see again Rose Marie! I love the border. Are you going to quilt this one yourself? Thank you so much for joining in with the quilt along :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

I like this one too but it seems so different to some of what you make......

Chookyblue...... said...

AND always a fab feeling to have a top as a top.........