Friday, December 17, 2021

Xmas Stars

This project is moving along better than planned.

Fabrics on the right side are being auditioned.  Which ones will be the lucky ones to go into this quilt?  Pick me, no pick me .....

Anyway, fun, fun, fun!

Cutting up of the Xmas fabric continues.  Another bin was found!  Another?!  In that bin is fabric that will be perfect for backings.  About four backings.  Perfect!  Once that fabric has been sorted, cut or set aside for mailing to a friend, three bins will be free!  Oh my, how happy that makes me!

This sorting has come in a timely manner.  I've been having issues with dry eye disease and clogged tear ducts.   There is a staph bacteria that has been eating away at my corneas.  Corneas are supposed to be nice and smooth looking.  My corneas look like swiss cheese.  Not good.  If this doesn't get under control, my vision will go blurry.  Many, many eye drops are being taken.  At my last visit this week, there is some progress and my corneas are looking better.  Not perfect, but better.  So, the eye drops will continue for another month and then a month with no steroids being taken and then another checkup to see what improvement has happened.

More sorting of fabric and projects will continue.  Time and life is marching on.

For me, quite a number of ufo's were dealt with this year.  Next year, there will be more working on them.  There will always be squirrels to tempt me away and that will be ok.  Gotta have fun.

A tally of my accomplishments will be shown in the new year.  This will be my last post until then.

Wishing all Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Stay safe and wear a mask, wash your hands.

So on that note, cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Vivian said...

Oh my word, those stars are gorgeous! Funny how fabrics do talk to you when they want to join a quilt, LOL. Hope you can whip those corneas into shape. Enjoy the holidays and have a safe and happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed that your eyes improve! You have so much fabric to use up, and using some for backings will be ideal. Love the Christmas stars.....stars are my favourites.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilts this is. Christmas in spirt.

Kyle said...

Your star blocks continue to sparkle. I'm sorry about the trouble you're having with your eyes. I hope the drops continue to make improvements in your sight. Congrats though, on emptying 3 bins of Christmas fabric. That's a major accomplishment.

Christine said...

Your Christmas Star quilt is stunning!

Chookyblue...... said...

Merry Christmas......

Barb said...

pretty pretty stars~
good luck with your drops. I too have eye issues from time to time.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I hope your corneas will soon be healed. Us quilters need our eyes! That is positive news that the drops seem to be working. As for those stars, they are looking gorgeous. Hoping you enjoy a wonderful Christmas.