Monday, January 18, 2021

Making progress?

Well, I do think I am making progress with my tulips!  Four rows done and all sewn together.  My plan is to do one row of circles and one row of tulips per week.  Only 9 rows total to go.  At this rate, this top might be finished by mid-March.

What else got accomplished?  These three chairs!  If anyone complains to me about the cost of having someone do upholstery, I will tell them that every penny is well earned.  These chairs were hard for us to do.  My hubby and I learned many things along the way and we had to go back and fix a few areas.  We are not professionals at all, but darn it, I think we did good!   We can afford for someone else to do the work, but we look at the job as a challenge and to see if we can do it.   Can you see the amount of snow we have in our backyard?  Not as much as normal.  We have had a period of warmer weather and some of the snow has melted.  Today, we are back to cold weather.
 
What else?  Thirty kid's (15 each) masks for my two nieces.   When they go to school now, they have to have 3-4 masks per child to change throughout the day.  One of my nieces wore a disposable mask last week and disliked it very much.  She informed her Mom that if she couldn't wear one of Aunt Rosie's masks, then she wasn't interested in wearing any mask.  They do have masks but not enough for the amount per day required.  So an urgent SOS text to me to ask if I had fabric, elastic and time and would I please make more.  Yes, of course!  Way back in August last year, I purchased approx. 50 metres each of black and white elastic because I had a feeling.  After all the mask making, there is just enough elastic to make a few more.  More elastic will need to be purchased if another request comes my way.

Now that those projects are out of the way, my next task is working on an UFO.  Chop, chop!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I agree with you about upholstery. My Mom used to do it and I attempted it once. Never again! That's money well spent.

Kyle said...

Great work for yourself and for all the masks you have made!!

Jennifer said...

No - that is not much snow at all, for this time of year! You did well with the chairs, now you can relax. Love your quilt, it's coming along well and may be finished for spring.....March tulips! Good job on the masks too.

Kleine Vingers said...

Love the progres you made with the tulips, they look lovely

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your tulip quilt is beautiful, happy stitching!

Deb said...

Love your tulip quilt you go getter! And your family is lucky you moved back up there! Great job on the chairs!