Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Looking back

So, another year has already started.   How many of us will survive the virus?  Right now, our area is in lockdown for two weeks.  There is community spread of the virus in our area and the experts are trying to get it under control.  The rest of the province is under lockdown for a month as their cases are higher.

So, I will just sit tight and sew on.  Excursions to get groceries will be limited.

Looking back to last year, for me, it didn't feel like much was accomplished in 2020.  My goodness, but I was sure surprised.  Seven quilts were made.  Seven.  I had to look at the Quilts 2020 tab at the top of my blog (under the large photo) and look to see what quilts were made.  Seven!  What a surprise.  Go there to see them better!

Now, this is where I have to actually look at the stats to see what tops and UFO's were there at the beginning of last year.  It is my way of keeping tabs on what is remaining to be quilted and what UFO's need to be pulled off the shelf and worked on.  It is also to remind my readers that I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to this type of work.  LOL

Tops: 

Ten at the beginning of 2020.  Look at all those x's!  How lovely it was to x off a top once it was finished!


Now for the beginning of 2021 .... only 4 tops!  I'm still debating on sending all of them out for quilting or to keep a few and hand quilt them?   Oh, what to do, what to do?
Quilts that need binding
There are four quilts and they will be worked on during the winter months to help keep me warm while I sit and watch t.v.  A new folder in my files had to be created for these quilts because I actually forgot about the second quilt from the right.  It was quilted back in 2018 and it has been hidden away since then.  You can imagine my surprise when it was discovered recently.  How in the world can you forget about a quilt?  My guess is a good clean up and sort is badly needed in my studio!  LOL
UFO's:
The year 2020 started with 33 UFO's.  Sadly, only three were x'd.  Not as good as I hoped for.
I don't know how it happened, but my UFO's increased to 35 at the beginning of 2021.  Oops.  Can I do better than finish three UFO's this year?  Let's see what can be done this year?  No promises.  No resolutions.   Nope, not going there.
So, that is my recap for the year that wasn't!

Will any new projects be started?  Definitely!  I can't just work on old stuff, you know!  LOL

On another note, it is time to de-clutter our home.  When my Aunt and cousin passed away, it was the task of my sister, her daughters and me to pack up and move their belongings here to North Bay.  A lot of their furnishings are in storage, but boxes are sitting in my studio bedroom to go through and decide their future.  Keep, donate, sell or toss.  They had only an apartment.  We have a house full of stuff.  That was an eyeopener to all of us.   Getting rid of clutter in our home has been ongoing for a month now and we are starting to see the difference.

What about in my studio?  Lordy, that is a topic for another day, but cleaning out has already started.

We all have high hopes for 2021.  Things have to get better?  Right? 

Until we all get vaccinated ..... wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance and don't gather with family and friends.  We are getting close to getting the virus under control and now is NOT the time to drop our guard.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your total of 'finishes' is good, considering everything else that happened in your world! New year, new beginnings......

julieQ said...

I love the way you list your projects in progress!!! Visual is best...and yes! Stay isolated, for sure...preach it, sister!!!

eloidastitches said...

I love reading your yearly recap, and seeing your pictures. I am always amazed at what you accomplish. I am especially looking forward to seeing your "March 7, 14" quilt being finished. I think it was based on a quilt named Promise of Spring(?).Every time I see that quilt, I just love it! There is just something about that quilt that speaks to me. Wishing you blessings in this new year, good health, and good luck with the decluttering. I am attempting to so some of that as well.

Chookyblue...... said...

you'll keep working on those quilts......they will get done eventually.......now as for the tops send them out for quilting as when you get the tulips done you will be busy hand quilting it.......goodluck