Friday, January 1, 2021

Last finish for 2020

Happy New Year ..... we all hope!  It will be interesting to see how the next few months play out.

I got this quilt finished just under the wire.  What a good feeling to get something finally done!

"Four Seasons" is the name of this quilt.  It looks more like a fall quilt, but there are spring greens and summer greens in the quilt along with yellows of our flowers that grow in our front and back garden.  Look closely and you can even see some snowflakes!

Quilt details:

Started:  April 2014

Finished:  December 30, 2020

Block name:  9-patch block  (7-1/2" x 7-1/2" square).  No pattern.

Quilt size:  60-1/2" x 87-1/4" after washing and drying

Batting:  poly batting

Machine quilted by:  Kathy Wareham of Kat's Quilts

Another UFO ticked off the list.

Done!

I don't know about you, but I'm so happy to see 2020 in the rear view mirror.  It was an awful year starting with the passing of my Aunt last January; Covid-19 hitting the world; my sister being diagnosed with colon cancer and enduring her treatments that ended last month; my hubby being diagnosed with Parkinson's; and finally the passing of a cousin early last month.  Yep, I'm so glad to see the end of 2020.

Hubby and I had a quiet New Year's Eve and day.  No gathering of family.  We will not contribute to the spread of the virus in our community nor amongst family members.

So, until we can all be vaccinated ..... wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Staying positive and staying healthy are the goals of so many. Your final finish is great. 4 seasons allows you to use all your favorite seasonal colors.

Chookyblue...... said...

2020 has been a pretty rough year for you....I hope your sister is going well after the treatement.......
your quilt is beautiful......

karenbbsnow said...

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year. You made it through a lot this past year, I hope the next one is easier on you ... hugs.

Teresa said...

A pretty quilt. Wishing you a happy New Year, and I am so with you with staying safe and trying to keep others safe around me. I sure do miss my grandchildren, children and other family gatherings.

Jennifer said...

Happy new year! Your Four Seasons quilt is well named, and a good way to end the year.

Linda P in IL said...

So sorry for all of your sadness this year.. it's a lot. I do love your new quilt~ We are staying home too.