Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April challenges

April has been a busy month with appointments, a sick cat and family functions.  Not much got accomplished in my studio, but I'm very happy at what got done.

Now, our sick cat.  It all started a couple of weeks ago, when I tried putting Ridley outside on a harness.  He absolutely freaked out.  He did not want to be outside and once back inside he started throwing up his food.  A number of days later and a visit to the vet and x-rays showed nothing there to cause the sickness.  He was given meds to stop the nausea and vomiting and a few days later, he was fine.  Then, I was gone for a day and he was sick while I was gone.  I'm thinking the cause is anxiety.  He is fine again and back to healthy eating and playing.  He will just need some time to adjust to my comings and goings and relax.

So, what got done?  My quilt binding challenge with no-blog Mary got done ..... with Ridley's help, of course.  We had a nice nap under the quilt and it has been Ridley approved!  More on this quilt later.


Now, for the Chookshed Stitchers Challenge #9 ..... my Rail Fence Delight ufo has progressed along nicely.  The second panel has all those pieces appliqued in place.  The big red star needs to be prepped and stitched on.  All the stars and circles in the outer border have been prepped and are ready to be appliqued once I get there.  


Depending on what number will be pulled for May, I will more than likely still work on this ufo.  Got to get it done.

May will be here tomorrow and that means different quilts for display and a post will be coming for them.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Kim said...

It's the 1st of May here today and the autumn sun is beaming through my windows. Oh, I just want to hug your Ridley...poor darling. He must be an inside cat who wants to be with his people. He looks so sweet and comfy snuggled under the quilt you are binding. Your Rail Fence Delight is looking wonderful.

loulee said...

Oh dear, poor Ridley, I hope he settles and gets used to you coming and going. He certainly seems to have gotten used to quilting and binding. LOL

Maria said...

Poor Riley. Do hope he settles soon and slowly gets used to his outings.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That UFO is gorgeous.
It is so sad when pets feel anxious. It sounds like he really takes it to heart, poor sweetie.