Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Log Cabin Chevron

 This was my December binding challenge and I'm so happy to have this quilt done!  

Here is the quilt taken at a different angle.
Quilt Details:

This quilt was started in a class by Heather Stewart.  Of course, I did a twist with the addition of the applique and I'm so much happier that it came out this way.

Started:  October 2012

Top Finished:  October 2023

Quilt Finished:  December 2023

Quilt Size:  66" x 77" (top size before quilting, washing & drying:  67-1/4" x 77-1/2")

Batting:  Hobbs poly batting

Machine quilted by:  Kathy Wareham

This quilt will look lovely hanging alongside my other spring quilts.

Now, I did take another class with Heather Stewart and this was the quilt that was finished back in 2018.  Angles and Squares.  Heather asked us to be creative in making up our top (she just taught us the block) and this is what I came up with.  Of course, my favourite stars made an entrance and viola!

There, all the quilts are now made from the classes that Heather taught.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well done on your finish.....and yes, I remember your Angles and Squares quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love log cabin/chevrons! You made those log cabin blocks come to life with the applique! Those stars add zing to the 2nd quilt. You've got a good eye on how to upgrade a quilt to a new level. Happy stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such an inspired quilt with the combination of techniques!

loulee said...

Two very lovely quilts, with their twist of Rose Marie.

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful! Actually, both quilts are beautiful!

dq said...

Rose Marie, it is absolutely stunning! Look at you go rolling out 2024 with a gorgeous finish!

cityquilter grace said...

both very nice finishes rose marie...great start to 2024