Wednesday, January 3, 2024

#6 for the Challenge

The Chookshed Stitchers Challenge is off to a good start.  Well, for me anyway!

#6 was pulled for January.

Now, I could choose what I like and have chosen to work on a donation quilt.  There will be a drop-off date in May and this is a good start.  I would like to have two to donate, but if only one gets done, I'm good with that.  These blocks don't look like much, but they will make up a lap size quilt.  You will just have to wait and see!  LOL

Next, some frankenpiecing of batting pieces for future NICU baby blankets.  One got done so far and yes, it looks wonky on the left hand side .... it just needs to be trimmed to 24" x 24".
Then, this quilt is to have a hanging sleeve added.
Then for my January binding challenge, this quilt is it!  No blog-Mary has opted to finish knitting a sweater that she started in December.  The repeat row is quite nice to do and she has made great progress so far.  A new sweater for our winter will be welcome.  She did send a photo, but it was hard to see the sweater.
Lastly, I would like to finish adding borders to this Xmas top.

So, that will be my month challenges and they will help to keep me busy.

I did complete my December binding challenge and photos and a post to follow soonish.

Soup is simmering on the stove and it is snowing outside.  Has our winter finally arrived and is it here to stay for the next 3-4 months?

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love to make 9 patches, they can be used in so many ways. The quilt will be loved no matter how you arrange them. Happy stitching!

cityquilter grace said...

excellent goals and anxious to see finishes....mmm soup and winter always go together...weather guru talking winter storm this weekend...we are in the 'slush' zone between snow and rain....hmm remains to be seen what we actually get...stay warm and sew on!

Kim said...

Yum, a bowl of hot soup while it's snowing outside. Your January sounds filled with stitching. Those 9 patch squares are sweet. I must say, I'm in love with the blue and white winter beauty in your header. It's stunning!

Jennifer said...

Soup is the best thing in winter! Those nine patches will grow very quickly, they are very versatile blocks.

dq said...

First, your winter banner quilt is stunning!

It looks like you will have a productive month with all those goals! Your 9 patches will make a great donation quilt.

Maria said...

Great list of things to get done this month.

loulee said...

Soup is always good on a cold day.
Lots of things progressing at your place.