Sunday, January 14, 2024

Challenge Update

 Here we are at the end of the second week of January and how am I doing with this challenge?

Borders got added to this Xmas top.

Here are photos of some of the fabrics used.  

Hanging sleeves got added to this quilt!  The red/blue is a very old quilt, but never had a hanging sleeve.  Now it has and is hanging up instead of being draped over a railing.
Here is the quilt hanging up with all my other red/white/blue quilts.  My hubby loves this quilt.  He sees exploding stars every time he looks at it.
My "Pyramids" quilt has the sleeve and is rolled up and stored away until the summer.  This quilt didn't have a label and I had to do a bit of searching for the information and once found, the information was written directly onto the backing.  Done and done!
This is my January binding challenge quilt.  More photos and a post to come next month.
My Log Cabin quilt.  I do have to do a post about this quilt as it was my December binding challenge.
This is my snowball quilt made a couple of years ago.
Oh look .... this quilt still has the felt tabs pinned onto the backing ready for hanging.  This has now been fixed!
Here are five of those quilts now ready for storing away.  You can see my Pyramids quilt all rolled up.  It is lying on top of the quilts and that is how all of the other quilts will be stored away.  
  
In total, six quilts got their hanging sleeves added.  A lot of stitching has been done!  Month of January is going good so far on the quilting front!

We got a dump of snow .... six inches and then another four inches ..... and hubby and I were busy shovelling ..... and it is snowing again.

Linking up to Dreamworthy quilts and the challenge.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Kim said...

That’s a lot of beautiful quilt finishes and snow. I made six quilts last year. A record for me, it was grief/stress management. We’ve had a light snow season so far over here in Minnesota. I don’t envy you your snow cleanup days. Stay safe while shoveling! It’s cold here now! 🥶

loulee said...

You have started the year with a roar. Lots of lovely finishes. Keep warm.

Jennifer said...

You have enough to keep you busy for - well - a little while, at least! Take care with all that shovelling.

Kim said...

I suppose the shovelling of the snow will keep you fit. I can't imagine that much snow. You certainly have a lot of beautiful quilts there. You will be busy.

Maria said...

lots of projects to keep you busy.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so thoroughly enjoy seeing all your quilts, Rose!