Monday, May 30, 2022

May and June binding challenge

Another month and another quilt got done by no-blog Mary and me for the month of May.  Ah, how lovely it feels to each get another quilt completed and used.  That is what quilt making is all about .... making and keeping/gifting and using it to keep us warm.

This is Mary's quilt:

... and this is my I Spy quilt (more on this in a later post as well as those blocks you see in the background): 
I had planned on binding two quilts for May, but my Postcard from Sweden actually was completed before midnight on April 30.  How's that for timing!  So, just one for me for May.

For June, we have selected our quilts.

This is Mary's.  So, so adorable!  This is a Glow in the Dark quilt and some of the fabric does actually glow.  I just love it!
 
My quilt will be Xmas Stars:
Our garden on the hill is alive with blooms and soon-to-be blooming and I do need to show photos.  Having a perennial garden, the blooming periods come and go so quickly with some of the plants.  Others hang in there until the first frost.  Speaking of frost, we have had advisories this spring and I'm sure we will have a few more until the heat arrives and we are then good to go until autumn.  We always have old bed sheets or plastic to cover our plants that are most susceptible. 

Life is busy at the moment.  Going to the cottage, planting annuals in pots, planting perennial shrubs, family birthdays .... life goes on ....

Myself and three other ladies went to a quilt show yesterday in Petawawa.  It was a two hour drive there and back .... but such a lovely day to be with friends and at a quilt show!    Did I mention it was a lovely day?  The weather was perfect, the quilt show was perfect, lunch out was great .... a lovely day, indeed!

Cherish your day, cherish your life! 

6 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Would love to see photos of your perennial garden! The quilts all look awesome! A day out with (quilt)friends is the best!

cityquilter grace said...

woo hoo...getting things done! you and chooky are binding tornados! and love those churn dash blocks

loulee said...

Some lovely quilts to play with this month.

Jennifer said...

That is a fun I-Spy....and I love Mary's quilt! It will be nice to have flowers around.

Kyle said...

Both you and Mary are right on track with your binding challenge. Love what you'll be working on think month. Warm weather comes and goes here too, but the perennials are a hardy bunch. Glad you got to enjoy some time with your friends.

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on both of your for getting your binding done........lucky I got mine finished earlier in the month..........wow best get moving since it is now June and I need to get one or four finished........
how exciting to go to a quilt show.........