Monday, September 20, 2021

What a surprise!

This is what I saw when the curtains were opened this morning.  Usually, my hubby has them open by the time I get downstairs but not this morning.  Why?  Surprise!

Where have the years gone?  One day I'm 20, then 50 and .... wham ..... 70!  Thank you to my dear family for arranging this.


Another surprise was when our neighbour came outside (holding her baby girl) and wished me a 'happy birthday' but also thanked me for making the NICU blanket for her baby.  What a coincidence.  I'm a bit confused because my name is not added to the label as I prefer to remain anonymous.  Perhaps with the last batch my name was added to the label by someone else.  A mystery.

A call came from another neighbour wishing me 'happy birthday'.  Now everyone on the street knows how old I am.  Darn, I was hoping to keep them guessing.  LOL  Anyway, she informed me that it is their 63rd wedding anniversary today also.  How sweet is that!
  
This is another surprise.  This buck was sleeping on our hill this past Saturday and stayed in that spot until 11:30 a.m. and then finally got up and munched its' way along the ridge.  He was so well camouflaged that my husband didn't see him when he went up the hill to work.  Hubby was just 20' away and suddenly the deer lifted it's head.  My husband slowly backed away and left him to sleep the morning away.

On the quilting front, progress has been made with the applique for my "Gingham Swirls".  These are all completed.
Most of the background fabrics are cut 12-1/2" x 12-1/2", but a few will have four 6-1/2" squares.  From the cutouts from the back of the applique, there is just enough fabric to cut one 6-1/2" square.  Every row will have a patched background block just to make things interesting.
So, I'm planning on having a terrific day!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Happy Birthday! When we lived in a real neighborhood in Virginia Beach my coworkers did this to me for my 40th (20+ years ago). It was hilarious: flamingos, pigs and penguins. It would be totally wasted in my current neighborhood of 10 acre lots.
That deer camo photo is amazing. I called my husband in the room to see it and all he saw was the retaining wall!

Phyllis said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday from Colorado.

Jennifer said...

What a fun way to start your day! Best wishes for a wonderful day. That's a bigger deer than we saw when we visited, for sure......ours didn't have antlers like those.

Julie Fukuda said...

Happy Birthday! I've never made it to 70. When I got to 50, I started counting backwards. Now I aam in my teen years, and this time I will get them right. Nice bit of progress.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I wished I knew this before yesterday..... Belated Happy birthday wishes for you......

eloidastitches said...

Just catching up on reading emails. So sorry I missed this one. Happy be-lated Birthday Rose-Marie!!! Wishing you many more, in good health.