Wednesday, September 29, 2021

All that binding!

Yesterday, I picked up 5 quilts from the LAer.  Lots and lots of binding to come!  This is a good time as the temps. are starting to cool down now and to have these on my lap in the evenings will be most welcome.

I do have a finish but no photos to show you.  Binding and label are done.  Tick, tick.  Just need a sleeve and then wash and dry and then photos to come.  Happy, happy, happy to have something finished after quite a dry spell of just finishing tops.
Cottage season is starting to wind down and I will be spending more time at home now.  But not quite yet as there is some work that needs to be done to the cottage.  Staining of the outside and some painting inside as well as new floors laid in the two bedrooms.  The cottage is small and the work is something that can be achieved in day trips here and there.  Only a few more weeks and then the cottage will be closed for the winter.

Last Friday, I zoomed for the first time with a number of quilters from around the world.  Chookyblue is the hostess and she has been trying to get me to zoom for quite a while now.  Friday was a rainy day and I stayed home and viola ..... zoom, zoom, zoom!  To all those ladies that I met and are reading my blog for the first time .... hello again and it was lovely meeting you! 

Cherish your day, cherish your life! 

5 comments:

eloidastitches said...

Good timing for sewing on the bindings. It is definitely getting cooler this last week. Hard to believe how long the warmer days lasted, right to the end of September where I am. Happy stitching!

Jennifer said...

I Spy - leaves in that pile of quilts! We had a lot of rain last night and more is forecast, so it's good staying-inside-and-sewing weather. It will be good to have your cottage work done, then you can relax over winter knowing it has been taken care of.

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of finishes coming along here........and was so lovely to see you on zoom........

Kyle said...

That's a awesome pile of quilts. Those will keep you busy for a while.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A big belated happy birthday Rose. I had my 70th on August 23...the shock hasn't worn off, LOL. Meanwhile what a lovely bundle you have there! Lots of binding to be done and long winter days ahead to do it. Life is good!