Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Red Sampler

How many are doing Bee In My Bonnet's Red Sampler Quilt Along?

In the beginning, I wasn't going to, but my red fabrics were calling me!  Make me, make me!  LOL

So, I joined in and started making blocks.

I'm not going to make all the blocks, but will do my own thing and add in some applique to change the look.

This is where I'm at right now and my layout.  Six more weeks of blocks and then that will be it, but then I will be busy with applique in all the beige sashings.  The borders have already been decided how they will look.

So, how many other red quilts are on the go right now?




Four.  That is a nice even number .... wouldn't you say?!  The last three are UFO's.  Work on three UFO's and start a new project.  Why not!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmm......I wonder how many will be finished for 1st July? All gorgeous quilts; I really like the first one, and the blocks with embroidery.

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful red projects. Too hard to pick a favourite, I love them all.

julieQ said...

OH wow!! Love your new sampler blocks...just perfect!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Gosh I love all those quilts your making in red..... Can't decide my favourite.....

Kyle said...

Red quills are always a winner. Love the variety of styles that you're working on.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Rose Marie, so enjoyed this post! There is something about red and white together that just makes a quilt outstanding. Loved seeing your array and was quite taken with the embroidered pieces and how you are incorporating them into a quilt. Lovely work~!

Vicki W said...

I love all of your red quilts!