Saturday, May 29, 2021

Red Sampler Sashings

For the sashings in the Bee In My Bonnet Red Sampler quilt-along, this is what I've designed.  Love it!  Very simple, but so effective.  My version of her quilt-along will be so different.


All of the sashings are in this box which is my project to work on at the cottage.  All the pieces have been prepped and the sashings marked for placement .... I'm good to go to spend hours appliqueing!  There is plenty of time to work on them as there are another six weeks of blocks to make.  Since not all the blocks will be made, I can be selective on which blocks to make and include in my quilt. 
Now that this project is waiting stage, my "Prezzies" project was brought out again to work on.  More olive strips were added to the setting triangles (only 7 more to go) and in a few days borders can be added.  This project is getting so close to being finished.  Backing fabric already has been chosen and the batting will be Frankenpieced.   I love it when projects are zooming along!
Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow that is going to such a cool sashing....can't wait to see more of it come together......happy appliquing......

Jennifer said...

Love the red sampler! 'Prezzies' will be ready for Christmas display, it will be very cheerful.

hetty said...

Love your sashing! A great summer-at-the-cottage project.

tirane93 said...

that is gorgeous sashing! inventive, different, and a lovely curvy contrast to the blocks. can't wait to see it all finished!

Jeanne A. said...

I really like your dashing for the quilt along - both tops are very attractive.

Kyle said...

Your sashing design is great and looks amazing with the pieced blocks.