Sunday, March 14, 2021

Pi Day 2021

Today is Pi Day.  Let's see what I've done with circles so far this year.

Back in January, my "Wheels on the Cart" top got finished.  This top is at the LAer and I'm hoping to pick it up on Tuesday along with another two quilts.  Anticipation!!

"Lotta Tulips" is still at this stage.  Borders need to be added.  Talk about circles in this top!  Gazillions.
Circles are my go-to in helping to complete the look that I'm aiming for and these were delightful to add to my "Dutch Apple" core top.  Dutch Apple is the name of a pie, you know!  LOL
Since it is Pi Day, sewing down circles in on my agenda for today.
For dessert tonight, a nice maple sugar pie will be gooey and yummy.  It is that time of year when maple trees will start to be tapped for their liquid gold.  Warm days and cold nights.

Clocks have all been moved forward.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

julieQ said...

What imaginative and delightful quilts you have on the go! So pretty, each one!! I like your circular thinking!

Gretchen Weaver said...

All of your quilts are lovely but my favorite is the tulip quilt. Those circles in the sashing really are a wonderful touch. Happy stitching!

Jennifer said...

Lots of circle fun! Maple sugar pie sounds good......I shall look it up.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a fabulous tribute to Pi Day! I love all of these quilts, but those tulips with circles is really making me swoon. Love those circles! This year in Maine, Maple Sugar Week has turned into 6 weeks in order to keep social distancing at the sugar houses. Hope you enjoyed your maple sugar pie!

Kyle said...

Love your collection to honor Pi day. The tulips with the circles is my fave, but I am also interested in where this new project is heading. Wow! Your Maple Sugar Pie is one I've never had, but it sounds delicious.

Chookyblue...... said...

You probably have your quilt back and bound but wow it looks great.....