Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Flower sewing

This will be the layout of my flowers ..... love, love, love them!  For one of the borders, I'm thinking of doing crazy patches for something different.
For a bit of tease, these are my latest quilts back from the LAer.  No binding, no sleeves, no labels yet but I just had to pin them up so that I can drool over them!  LOL
Another top is in the process of getting ready to go to be quilted.  Right now, I'm down to seven tops still in the queue and slowly but surely they are getting attended to.

With the Covid virus taking its' toll on world population and my sister's cancer scare, things are placed in perspective and if I want to enjoy a quilt now, then best thing is to just get them quilted.  No sense in leaving them as tops for my family to deal with.

I keep putting aside ones that I should hand quilt ..... but will I ever get to them?  There are tops that have been sitting for years and years waiting for me to do my magic.  

If I want to enjoy and see my tops as quilts on the wall or over a banister or on a quilt ladder, best get them quilted by someone else.   I do have a lovely collection of hand quilted quilts and those I cherish more and more as time goes by.

More mask making is happening.  Word has gotten around to neighbours and they are asking my husband (he is always outside) if I would be willing to make them some.  Absolutely!  One neighbour has gifted me with some fish that he and his daughter recently caught.  I tried to say that he didn't have to give anything to me in return because their health is more important than money, but he insisted.  Those fish will be such a treat.

There is so much controversy about mask wearing.  For the record, I do wear a mask when out in public.  My health, my husband's health, my family's health is very important to me.   I prefer to have everyone alive and healthy than sick or dead.  Life cannot be reversed.  Think about it.  I have and that is why I wear a mask.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

You really are making good use of your time. I have just one to work on now. With no travel there is no take-along work. My quilting has finally reached the border of my feedsack quilt but it is a Loooong way around. I wish my flower border looked as lovely as your flowers.

Jennifer said...

Hexie flowers is looking good......so are the others! I like to machine quilt my own quilts but not having a long arm - or even a short arm - quilting machine means using a reglar machine, so sometimes it's diffidulc. Like you, I have come round to thinking that a quilt finished by someone else is better than an unfinished top.

Kim said...

You’ll be very happy to have your beautiful quilts quilted and ready for binding and using. Wearing masks here too. Agree. Agree. Agree.

Kat Scribner said...

All 3 quilts are beautiful. I especially love the 3rd one with all the different shaped frames around the applique circles. I need variety.

Kyle said...

The hexies flower garden continues to grow. Lovely applique flowers. Two more quilts ready to be enjoyed. I agree about getting tops done and not leaving them to be finished by someone else or never finished. What a great neighbor. It sounds like everyone is very appreciative.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The hexies with the applique flowers are beautiful. I just couldn't picture what this would look like when you showed your progress. Your other quilts are beautiful too! Happy stitching!

Maggie said...

The masks are a no brainer, so glad you wear them and could make some for your neighbours. Love the quilts.