Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Not done with apple cores

You know, after making three apple core quilts, I thought that was it.  I was done with making them.  I was apple cored out!  Or so I thought.
So, what happened?  Well ...... do you remember reading about my friend Karin working on apple cores in the garage?  She rescued them from a friend's garbage and was determined to do something with them.  Well, that rescue didn't last long.  She up and gifted them to me!  LOL  Then, the friend (Cathy, Cathy, Cathy) found more apple cores in her studio and sent them up to Karin and Karin dropped them off to me.  So, I now have enough apple cores to make a small wall hanging.
That is what I've been working on lately.  It was a great project for the cottage to help keep me busy while sitting on the porch.

Now, I don't like freezer paper or glue.  All the cores were done using those methods.  What I did was remove everything and washed the apple cores to get rid of the glue and the markings.  One of you ladies used a permanent marker!  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  In order to get rid of the markings, a smaller template and papers were made to fit inside the markings.  Once they are sewn in place, those markings will not be seen.
So, that is how apple cores are once again in my life!

What else am I working on?

A bit of hand quilting in the evenings on this wall hanging.
More hexies have been made for the third section on this project but I hit a bit of snag for the applique and have to do a bit of math before assembling.  For now, this project is on hold.
One more row was sewn together on this project.   There is a need for me to get these blocks into a top.   I can't believe how hard it is to capture a good photo of this project.  Everything turns out hazy/blurry.
So, now you know what is keeping me busy.

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
https://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

eloidastitches said...

You have been busy!! Can't have enough applecore quilts. ;) I am glad they were gifted into good hands. I have enjoyed reading your previous posts as well, about painting your quilt cupboards, and the pictures of you friend's hexie quilt (beautiful!!).

Joy said...

How do you piece your apple cores if you don't use glue or freezer paper?

Jennifer said...

The universe obviously thinks you aren't done with apple cores yet......it keeps sending you more!

Kyle said...

Fun Apple core story. You did a lot of work just to get those cores the way you like them.