Wednesday, September 4, 2019

A little bit of this and that!

I'm hand quilting again after quite a hiatus.  My hands and fingers can't work like they used to, so in between sessions of hand quilting, other things were happening.

My lovely hexie wall hanging is the chosen project.  With all that embroidery, there was no way this was going to be machine quilted.  It would not have done justice to all that hand work.
After an hour here and there during the week, the centre is almost done.
In between sessions, binding got sewn onto this Xmas quilt.
Seriously .... that seam had to happen right in the corner!  LOL  Oh well, it was easy to fix and continue on. 
 Viola ... the centre is completed.  Now, onto the borders! 
Also, during the week, binding, sleeve and label were completed on this quilt.  Photos will be coming as soon as the leaves on the trees on our hill change colour .... and that should be happening within the next two weeks.   Sorry, but you will just have to wait until then.  I know, I know, I shouldn't tease you all! 
So, that was my week!

Have a great day!

Linking to:

4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, I just love your embroidery combined with the hexies...such a pretty combination together. I think I missed when you said what pattern this embroidery is. I'd love to know. I was also wondering how the terraced flower beds worked out.
Happy Stitching from me where it is already cooling down just like it was September or something. LOL

Jennifer said...

A good week, too! I share your frustration with a seam on the binding corner......loveing the hexie flowers, it is much further along than when you showed me.

Kyle said...

I can't tell you the number of times that has happened with me and bindings and seams!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh all that handwork in one quilt, be still my heart! So glad you hand quilted it even though fingers just don't work the same. Always fun to be binding and enjoying another finish. Wish it would happen at my house.