Saturday, December 15, 2018

Last day in the garage

Before I get into photos (aka eye candy) of our garage day, how about an update on my log cabin?

There are only two more rows to assemble and sew onto the other sections.  My husband looked at the design wall and said it looks like the tail of a peacock.  It is so colourful and seems to shimmer.  Can I get this old ufo done before 2018 ends?  I think so!  There might have to be a slight tweaking before sewing those last two rows.  There seems to be a few too many darker blocks in the bottom right corner.  I couldn't see that until looking at this photo.
Now onto the garage photos.  OMG .... the eye candy was overwhelming.

Darlene has been busy trying to finish the borders on this top.  She also finished a Xmas panel (on the right) by doing big stitch hand quilting.  She plans to add some bling to it to make it sparkle.
Darlene purchased 2 metres of this printed flannel fabric and is working her flannel stash to add sections between the flower borders.
Below, you can see the diamond shaped sections that will be added to make the top wider.  Photos just don't do justice to how rich looking this printed flannel fabric is.
Claudia has been busy working on a few new projects.  She just purchased the It Takes 2 pattern as well as the embroidery pattern and is making it in blues (blocks on the right).
Below is a new block to be added to the others.  I showed her my few blocks that I had started years ago.  Maybe seeing her progress will prompt me to go back to my old ufo and make some more blocks next year.
Claudia also started Sweet Surrender (the diamond strip with applique).  I don't dare to start that pattern yet as there are way too many ufo's for me to work on.  One day, but not yet.
Karin brought in a wool applique project.  The blocks are stunning.  Another ufo that she should finish!
I did some stitch-in-the-ditch hand quilting on this old quilt that was finished way back in 2003.  This quilt never hanged well on the wall and it needed more hand quilting in the borders.  There was just half a border to do and that got finished yesterday in the garage.  Once home, this quilt got hung up and it hangs wonderfully now.  More on that later.
Lois was busy trimming these blocks for QOV quilts.  Once these were done, she worked on her shamrock blocks (which I didn't take a photo of).
So, that was our day in the garage and might be our last one for 2018.   Between Xmas and New Year's .... well that is a quiet time for most of us and who knows if there will be an impromptu gathering.

I regaled them of my episode about touching Elf on the Shelf and the big do-do that I got myself into.  OMG!  For those of you that don't know about this, please never, ever ..... touch the elf in front of little ones.  The elf will lose it's magic power and a letter to Santa explaining what happened had to take place and Santa had to recharge elf's power back.  It is a REALLY big deal.  Now you know .....

It was just a happy day for all of us working away on old ufo's and new projects.  A day of inspiration and friendship.  What could be better than that!

Have a great stitching day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely garage projects - it's a very colourful place, say hello to Darlene for me, I really enjoyed my visit! You better watch out now, I'm told that Santa has you on his 'naughty' list.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, beautiful things for the eye to see. Those blue blocks are lovely. Well, all of them are really.
Yes, daughter has Elf on the go these days. He's getting himself into some tight spots overnight all by himself. She knows not to touch him, lol.

eloidastitches said...

Thanks this bright spot in a very busy time. I enjoyed all the eye candy. Love how your quilt is coming along. It really does look like peacock feathers! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

Kyle said...

What a talented group that meets in the garage. Everyone quilting projects are fabulous. Enjoy your holiday.