Sunday, December 30, 2018

Celestial Stars or Xmas Stars

Oh my, how I love this quilt.  EPP.  What more is there to say?

With all the snow in our backyard, it is hard to get a good quilt photo.  So, let's put the thinking cap on and find a way!

This is ok .... but I need a better angle for my quilt journal.
 Not bad, but how about a straight on photo?
 This would be the perfect straight on position.
 Except those vertical bars and the plant are in the way.
Better, but now the chandelier is in the way!
Enter my husband with a long stick ..... to carefully move the chandelier out of the way.  Perfect.
Here are some close-up of my blocks and the custom quilting by my friend Tella in Scarborough.  Tella knows that I don't like tight machine quilting and she worked her magic by giving me what I like.





Now, this quilt.  When you Google the book (see below), the pattern for my quilt is on the front cover.  Except, I did a lot of changes to it.  Made it my own.  Definitely my own.  Google it and see for yourself and then compare the difference.  Sharon's book is gorgeous.  I'll be dipping into it again and taking another of her patterns and then making changes again.  Sorry, but I can't help myself ..... 

Quilt details:
Quilt Name:  Xmas Stars (original pattern name:  Celestial Stars)
Pattern source:  Quilting on the Go .... English Paper Piecing book by Sharon Burgess but with many adaptations (by me) to the original pattern.
Started:  Mar. 12, 2018
Top Finished:  July 25, 2018
Quilt Finished:  September 2018
Quilt Size:  83-3/4" x 83-3/4" (size before washing and drying:  89-1/2" x 89-1/2")
Batting:  Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 on bottom and a layer of Pellon Nature's Touch 100% Wool on top.
Custom machine quilted by Tella in Scarborough.

This quilt never got to be a ufo.  I was determined to get it made and quilted so that it could be part of my trunk shows that I participated in in September and October.  So there.  All EPP with a lot of fussy cutting and it can be done in a timely manner .... not years.... only 4 months from start to top stage!   This quilt proved that point.

In a few days, it will be 2019.  Wishing you all the best and lots of happy stitching for the year to come!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely quilt......and to think that I have seen it in the flesh! Or should that be in the fabric?

Kyle said...

Those stars simply sparkle. Your stitching and the quilting are beautiful. Happy New Year.

Teresa said...

I am an avid EPP'er and just love your quilt. Very nice adaption you made to the pattern.