Sunday, December 2, 2018

An old ufo

I'm working on an old UFO from 2013.  It really isn't that old compared to other UFO's on my shelf, but it is old enough.

Here is what it looked like when I just started it in Feb. 2013.  Why did I stop?  Probably something else came along, but it was the block size that did it.  Too big .... much too big.  So, into a bin they went and stewed for many years.
 
When I decided to work on them again, my seam ripper came out of hiding and I ripped out four rows off each block.  Much, much better now.  They will finish at 7-1/2" instead of 13".  Big difference, eh!
Good progress has been made lately, but I don't have any update photos handy.  They will come later this week.

There was no garage girl get-together this week.  Darlene's hot water thank sprung a leak and she would have been busy with the repair guys, so our meeting was cancelled.  Oh well, I stayed home and sewed.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those strips you removed can always be cut down for use in new blocks......"waste not, want not".

eloidastitches said...

Yes, these blocks look so different, and so much better cut down. Another colour rich quilt on the way. : )

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Smaller is always cuter, for sure! I think these will make a awesome scrappy quilt!

Kyle said...

A very positive change. Hope you keep going.