Sunday, January 1, 2023

Recap of 2022

Happy New Year!  Bring it on 2023!

I brought in the new year zooming with Chookyblue and other friends from around the world.  Mostly, all were already in 2023 but I and another lady from Missouri were still in 2022.  After midnight, that was it for me, but the other ladies down under kept on zooming.

On the most part, I'm happy with the results of my quilting year.

Let's start with the good stuff!  How many quilts got finished last year?  Thanks to the binding challenge with no-blog Mary, 15 quilts got done.  Very good indeed.  Goodness, just look at all these beauties!  If it wasn't for the challenge, I'm not sure these quilts would be finished, but would still be in a pile waiting for their turn.  To me, the binding challenge is very rewarding!



On the quilt binding challenge, so far, there are 7 quilts to bind.  That will bring me to July.  There will be more tops going out to the LAer, so no problem with having 12 quilts to bind this year!

Now, onto the UFO's.  Progress has been made and ..... finally ..... am under 30 projects!  First time in many, many years.  Woohoo!  Very happy about that.  For 2023, only 6 projects have been selected to finish and .... of course ..... there will be new projects.  There is NOOOO way I'm going to just be working on old stuff.  Nope, that is not ever going to happen.


For my 6 UFO's that I want to finish ..... no, I'm not going to show or list them.  You will see them as they become a finished top.  Not going to put any pressure on myself.  Whatever gets done, gets done and I will be happy with the results.

So, 2022 was a good year and I look forward with excitement to see what I do in 2023!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow...put me to shame for sure...what a lovely montage of finishes!

Jennifer said...

That was a very quilty year indeed....and yes, this year will probably be even better! Well done!

Maria said...

Was great to meet and see in 2023 with you on Zoom yesterday ..
What a fantastic 2022 you had with all those beautiful finishes.
Enjoy your sewing 🧵 this year.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your accomplishments truly amaze me!! It is hard to pick a favorite. They are all spectacular. Here's to a happy, healthy quilt filled 2023!

Kim said...

I’m always amazed at your ability to create and complete so many beautiful quilts. 2022 was a good year. I plan to spend much more time making quilts this year. What a treat that will be, spending time sewing. My youngest daughter died suddenly from heart failure this past October (41) so I plan to pour myself into creating because she loved the quilts I made for her and her family and it seems fitting do do this while the good memories and grief are my constant companion. Wish me luck! I’ll be here to see how your year unfolds. Happy 2023. PS: I took a hard fall last month, something like you did last summer, and fractured two ribs in addition to overall banging myself up good. Healing is slow but I’m on my way at least. The older I get the easier it Is to suffer an injury.

Florida Farm Girl said...

You have accomplished a great deal in the past year, Rose Marie. I've been rather not motivated for a long period of the year so not so much done. Let's see if I can't do better this year. Happy New Year. I look forward to your new creations and completions of previous projects!

loulee said...

You had a great year. I'm sure 2023 will be more of the same. I look forward to seeing lots of binding and those works in progress.

Kyle said...

What fabulous finishes for 2022. You set a goal and met it. Yes, absolutely no pressure. But I bet you'll have another incredible year.

Julie Fukuda said...

You have certainly met the binding challenge and have so much lovely finishes to look back on. Congratulations!

Raewyn said...

Well done on your achievement - that is a great array of very lovely lovely quilts! Good luck with your quilt finishing in 2023 - Happy New Year!