Sunday, July 25, 2021

Red Sampler is done!

My "Red Sampler" is now a top!  So thrilled how it turned out.  I did take some liberties with the blocks and substituted some of the 6" blocks.  Thank you, Lori Holt from Bee In My Bonnet for having this quilt-along.

I'm still itching to continue using up my red stash and there just might be a new project in the works.  LOL

The last few weeks has seen my sister and I (there are other family members there too) busy at her youngest daughter's new home.  She has been doing a bit of cleaning (not too much since she is still recovering from her chemo treatments) and I've been caulking and painting.  After a couple of hours we are pooped and leave.  That has been our schedule during the week.  On the weekends, we escape to the cottage for a break.  Soon, all the work will be done and then I can get back to doing some serious sewing!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your red sampler.....well done!

julieQ said...

Totally unique and lovely setting for those red blocks! I just love it!

Kim said...

This is a fantastic quilt! You do such beautiful work. 🙂 Helping your niece is time well spent for the help, care and love it gives her. A fresh and clean in environment is always so very nice.

Jeanne A. said...

Love your sampler!

tirane93 said...

i just KNEW it was going to finish up in spectacular fashion. this is a really lovely quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE your quilt, she's a true beauty! Happy stitching on the next red quilt!

Kyle said...

The RED sampler is gorgeous. It's the sashing that adds the wow factor!

Vicki W said...

The quilt is beautiful!