Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Oh dear, borders!

I seem to always get stuck on borders.  Nothing seems to satisfy me these days.

Take this top for example.  The centre is all together.  I love it!

Then, the 'what if' game started.  What if those stars get extended into the borders?  Yes, that works for me.   Now, what to do with the rest of the border fabric?  There is not much fabric left of the blue strips, so that can't be used.  There is lots of the neutral fabric that was used in making the stars and lots of navy blue.  It's ok ..... but ..... all that neutral fabric in the borders is not working for me.  It is just too 'blah'.
Again, the 'what if' came out to play!  What if some of the rust squares get added in those neutral squares?  It brings out the squares in the stars and the corner stones.  They add that certain something, something that was needed.  Yes, this works for me.  Finally!
Now, I can get this top going again.  Not that it has been around for very long, but I just want to get it done.

Hubby and I had our first Pfizer covid-19 vaccine yesterday.  Arm is a bit sore, but that is all.  The whole process was very well organized.  Our 2nd vaccine will be in August. 

If you are one of my followers that receive emails every time I post, then come July, that process will end.  Some blogs are talking about using Bloglovin, but I don't know anything about it.   So, just be aware that come July you will not receive anymore email posts from my blog.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

3 comments:

Caro said...

Glad to hear you received your first vaccine. Are you sure about tge timing of your second vaccine? I just read the CDC recommendations for Pfizer vaccine for the second dose and it should be given three weeks after the first dose.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I was surprised by the timing of the second Pfizer shot, too. I know you're in Canada, but I didn't think the differences in scheduling was that great. Making the square in a square blocks saves that border. I agree that the plain border just didn't cut it.

Kyle said...

Love your "What if" thinking. No way that the plain border would work. Continuing the design elements outward is a good decision.