Monday, February 15, 2021

Lotta Tulips

Well, I hung in there and sewed away to my heart's content and finished all the tulip blocks and the circle blocks!  Love, love, love this!  As each row was done, those rows were all sewn together so that when the time came to sew on the last two rows, it was simple and the centre was completed lickety- spit.  Now, borders!

In my cleaning up process, I've been sewing together batting scraps.  Got to get those under control.  When I told my hubby what I was doing, he asked if I was cleaning out the OMG shower stall.  LOL  It was time, the stall was overflowing!  First up is my poly batting.  It will feel good to use these pieces up and tame the batting scraps.
Cherish your day, cherish you life ..... wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance and get a vaccination shot!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the tulips! The Latin word for "crown" is "corona" - your tulips look like little crowns, don't they? Good idea on the batting scraps, I have often done that.

karenbbsnow said...

Love the tulips, but I love the circles even more :) Ahhhh, batting scraps, not quite as fun as fabric scraps. lol. I'm thinking of doing a Quilt as You Go to use some up.

Kim said...

You are making great progress. The tulip quilt in it’s cheerful colors is a delight.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful, I love it!

Vicki W said...

I absolutely love the tulip quilt!

Kyle said...

What a beautiful tulip garden. I've been putting batting pieces together for a couple years and i've finally used them up! Hard to believe. Looks like you're making a bent.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that tulip quilt. Appliqueing circles is my favorite thing to do. What a beautiful quilt.