Saturday, February 6, 2021

Diamond Star

The last time this project was worked on was April 2011.  A long time ago!  It was probably pinned on the wall for me to think about the borders and what to do and then promptly shelved.  

Fast forward to February 2021 and out came the bin.  It was time!  Up on the design wall it went.  What to do with borders?

When it was pinned onto the design wall last week, I could see there were a few areas on the outside sides that needed completion before working on borders.  So, rummaging through my scraps, fabric was found and before you knew it, all those places were done.  A few half hexagons and diamonds and full hexagons.  That is all that was needed to be done with the centre section.  Now, onto the borders.

My original plan was to do a vine with leaves all around on the borders.  A lot of leaves were cut out and prepped.  I hemmed and hawwed about leaves or no leaves.  That is why it got shelved ten years ago.  No more.  A decision had to be made.  Still, it would look so nice with all these leaves!

Nope, that idea was nixed.  Don't worry, those leaves will be used elsewhere.
Just plain borders will do, thank you.  I want this top done and done now.

Finally, this top is DONE!  Whew .... it only took a week to finish up.  What took so long ...... eh!  LOL  This top is so lovely to look at on this winter deary afternoon.  The sun is trying to peek through the clouds.  No to worry, I have my sunshine on my design wall!

Anyway, another top will be going to my lovely LAer.  Best start working on backings and battings as I want this top and my Wheels top out of here soon.

Another UFO will be pulled off the shelf.  I wonder which one it will be?

Cherish your day, cherish your life ..... wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance!

6 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

It turned out lovely without the leaves and vines. Will your LA'r custom quilt those borders?

Jennifer said...

I really like this one.......even without the leaves!

Kyle said...

Those stars are gorgeous. What a great feeling to finally come to a decision and get this beautiful quilt on its way. Those leaves will be fun to play with as well.

Florida Farm Girl said...

What a lovely way to finish off a top and turn it from a frustration to a joy. I hate to have projects left on the shelves for years and try really hard not to do that. You just reminded me that I need to get backs ready for three tops and get them to the quilter before the end of the month to take advantage of the 20% discount this month.

Gretchen Weaver said...

She's a beautiful but the quilting will really bring her to life.

Carolyn said...

Love the borders! I think the borders are perfect for the colors that you have chosen as well as the way they enclose your stars. Gorgeous!