Wednesday, October 28, 2020

New project

Lately, my quilting mojo has left the building and it has been sorely missed.  I've been busy looking after my sister and my husband.  They are more important right now and they need my attention.

Still, a sew-along caught my eye a few weeks back.  It would be so easy to do.  The pattern was printed out and placed in a basket for later to do and I promptly forgot all about it.   After seeing another quilter working on this sew-along, it sparked something in me and I found the pattern in my studio and I actually started a new project.

Hour glass blocks.  Easy to make from my bin of charm squares.  My blocks will finish at 3-1/2".  A border will be added to my top so I won't need to make as many blocks.  Can you tell that I'm excited?!

Sew, if any of you are interested, you can go to https://cluckclucksew.com/2020/10/an-hourglass-pattern-and-an-hourglass-a-day.html and get your pattern and sew along with me.  To keep my mojo going, more than one a day is being made.  At least two or three to keep me motivated and I'm trimming as I go along.  It would be way too tedious to wait until the blocks are all made and then trim.

I sent this quilt to my cousin who is now in hospice care in Wakefield, Quebec.  He complained that his room was too stark and I knew this quilt would be perfect for him.  He has received it and likes it a lot.  This quilt was finished in May 2019 and it sat in my quilt cupboard waiting for the perfect person.  He is that person and I'm happy he is happy.
Cherish you day, cherish your life!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your cousin will love that quilt, and it will keep him warm. Love the new project, it looks like fun!

eloidastitches said...

I understand your struggles in caregiving and keeping your quilting mojo going. You are right, that the people in your life are the most important at this time, but carving out a wee bit of "me" time helps to rejuvenate your spirit. Gives you time to process your feelings. This looks like the perfect project, not overwhelmingly complicated, but LOTS of colour to lift your spirits. Your quilt gift to your cousin is sure to brighten his days. Sending hugs.

Chookyblue...... said...

Look after you so you can look after your family who you are caring for......
The quilt suite would brighten up a room...... It's a beauty