Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Can't let this go

I called this top finished.  Almost two years ago.  It was always my intention to put applique in the side setting pieces.  Instead of just doing the applique, it sat on a shelf as it.  A finished top.  It was back in July 2017 that I last blogged about this top.  Done as far as I was concerned.   Really done?
No.  I just couldn't let this one go as is.  It really needed something to make it better.  Applique flowers as I had originally intended.

That is what is being worked on these days.  Applique flowers.  So, into my drawer of leaf templates and my drawer of circles I go.  A bag of circles that were the correct size and ready to be sewn on was a bonus find!  I just had to make one more circle and that didn't take long at all to do.
Almost half way there.  The difference is pleasing and I'm finally happy with this top.  A smile is on my face as I look at this photo.
This will be my third top that has this flower on it.  Like my stars that show up on a gazillion tops and quilts, this flower applique keeps showing up too.  My signature items to make my quilts my own.
Same flower with more circles added.  These give my borders that extra touch of special.  Don't you agree?
Here is my drawer for circles with leftover circles from past projects.  Those little containers on the right hold all my different sized cardboard circles.  Very handy to pull whatever is needed.
My drawer for leaves and fabric odds and ends to use for making leaves.
All extra leaves from various projects over the years get tossed in here.  This is where I go look first when a leaf is needed for a block.  Very handy indeed.
I'll just tuck that leaf template and leftover circles back into their drawers because one day .....

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The simple applique really adds bling to the quilts! I need to to that to some of mine. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Your applique flowers finish off this one beautifully!