Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Borders on .... FINALLY!

Procrastination ..... I think that should be added to the numbers of things that I do very well!  🐱🐱

Remember this photo?  I was on a roll to get the borders on these five tops.  This first photo was taken June 22, 2017 as the motivation to just get them done ..... darn it!
 On July 21, 2017 .... two tops done!  Oh my, this gave me inspiration.
Then, September 14, 2017 .... three tops are done.  Yes, yes, yes.
A slight pause, but by February 25, 2018 four tops are done.  Then, my feet kinda dragged a bit.
Still, finally by today's post, all five of these tops are officially DONE.  Borders on all of them.
Do you realize that it has taken me over a year to get those borders on?  Yes, procrastination reigns supreme with me!  Must be in my genes.  🐱🐱  Should I do this again?  Take another photo of five more tops that need borders?  With my record .... hummm .... no, it didn't work out as well as I thought it would!  Still, that is five projects out of bins and three of them have been quilted to date.

So, the story continues for the final top.  My lovely split apple core.  Loved working on this EPP project.  Here the inner borders are added.  Then off to the cottage for a few days leaving this top on my design wall and a mess in my studio.
Back home from the cottage and the desire to get the outer borders on.  As you can see, I have the proper work space for getting borders on.  Table perfect height and length.  No excuse, really.
Ah ... FINALLY, borders are on!  How happy am I?  Glorious happy!  This top is big.  101" wide and 95" tall.
My DH asked if this was one for the LAer.  No, not this one.  I have had visions of machine quilting this one in a simple grid pattern and no other design will do.  You can see how the design has been marked up on this photo below.  So simple.

To see what all those folded up tops look like .... well, here you go!   Two of them are completely done.  The one on the upper left and the one on the bottom right.  The quilt on the upper right is quilted but has no binding on it yet.  You know, when I think about it, it was a good idea after all.
While the iron is still hot ..... maybe I should as well get borders on this top too!  Another EPP project.
To round out my quilting for this week, the binding is getting sewn down on this quilt.   It really feels odd to me to not have any borders on this quilt.  Different for me.  Light bulb moment ... this top and quilt got done a lot quicker than usual .... no borders!  Hey, perhaps that is how I should do my tops from now on!  LOL
What else have I been up to?  Getting ready for trunk shows.  Two this month and one next month.  More on them later.

Have a great day!

Linking to: http://estheraliu.blogspot.com/ and http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

julieQ said...

Borders are hard for me, so I procrastinate about them like anything! You do such gorgeous work...I wish I could see your trunk show!

Maggie said...

What an amazing challenge. Love the split apple core design. Is it a charm quilt? Look on the bright side, five quilt tops got your attention, two done! That is huge. Trying to get the quilts done, is always time consuming. You planned the next step as well, the quilting designs, which says your quilts will get done in no TIME. Very organised.

Jennifer said...

Wow - well done! A couple of my quilts are done with no borders, it takes a bit of getting used to at first but certainly gets it done quicker.

Kyle said...

Your procrastination seems to have taken a back seat. Adding borders can be a challenge and is a big job! Don't let anyone say otherwise. Well done.

Yvonne said...

I love your apple core quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your apple core quilt is amazing. Did you have to applique the borders to the curved edges? I'm curious about how you do that. Also, I am a MUCH WORSE procrastinator than you are -- you are like an Accomplishment Magician compared to me. Congratulations on finishing all those tops, and HAPPY QUILTING!