Saturday, July 26, 2014

I really shouldn't ...

..... start a new quilt .... but I just couldn't help myself. 

You know, when blogland starts a trend, sometimes I jump on the bandwagon right away and other times, I join in years later.  Do you remember the Great Granny quilts that were the rage about a year ago?  It has been on my 'to do' list and the time was right to make one of those quilts.

This is my version so far.  Four blocks on the right are done and four blocks on the left are ready to be assembled.

My quilt will be a good size lap quilt once the borders go on.

I just needed something quick and easy to do and this pattern fits the mood perfectly.


Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful colours......just right for when autumn comes!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

I like your new quilt design and the colors are lovely.

Quiltgal said...

Love the block and your choice of colour.

Melanie said...

Love these colors - Keep it up, can't wait to see the finish.