Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Klosjes counting

This is where I'm at with my klosjes ..... company came and I had to put them away for a few days while we did shopping and sightseeing.

In case you are wondering, the large squares are mostly from charm packs and the little klosjes were made from scraps. The pieces of fabric that you see laying on top of the large squares are my choices to make the klosjes with.

My klosjes are not very big, so they don't require a lot of fabric. My spools are 1-7/16" (4 cm) wide, the circles are 3" (7.6 cm) and the finished block size will be 4" (10.5cm). For those of you working with metric, forgive me if my measurements don't add up (I don't work with metric even though we switched to metric many, many years ago). Don't you just love this block?

I'm only going to do a wall hanging with these, but I can see myself making more of them for a bed quilt .... but not this small .... they sure are addictive and a great hand piecing project.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Darlene said...

What a wonderful project - I can see how they would be very addictive. Cute, cute, cute!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Rose Marie I'm sitting here feeling nothing but sheer delight. I'm enjoying studying your fabric choices and I adore the way you're putting these together. Dear friend, I'm so happy you've decided to bring your talent to joy of Klosjes.

I'm not sure where you picked up the bug but for me it was Janet and Valentina that turned me onto all the fun. Now I'm meeting all sorts of Dutch ladies, too! What a treat.

Thanks for taking the time to share what you're working on. I'm enjoying it ...while I'm watching The Tudors!

Karen said...

Your blocks are tiny. Just looking at the photo, I would have thought they were larger. Small is good.

Jennifer said...

I like your little blocks!

Janet said...

Your blocks are just beautiful, I love the way you're setting the spools very much. They are so darn cute.

Barb said...

I agree with Darlene, what a wonderful project...I love seeing it come together.

Cathi said...

I love the way you're making your Klosjes! Putting them in a circle really is a lovely touch.
I've never really adapted to the metric system either.

Teresa said...

That's a sweet block and I love the way your quilt is turning out.

julieQ said...

How gorgeous...I love this version of klosjes!

Karen said...

So sweet and so tiny!

Unknown said...

They are so tiny and that makes them just great.

Francien said...

Hallo Rose Marie...pleased to meet you...i am a Dutchie who has never done klosjes..but i see more and more of them...and i like the way you did yours!! so lovely and tiny..and in circles..it looks awesome...the colors ...the fabrics...its going to be a great wallhanging...
greetings Francien.

Valentina said...

Rose-Marie, what a delight to see your Klosjes. They are all so sweet, like candy! I love the fabrics you are using and I can't wait to see more!
:)
Valentina

Annette said...

What a fun project and fun design. I love it!