Thursday, June 26, 2008

Working on this

This is the next piece for Peg’s challenge that I’m working on. It’s not too late for any of you to sign up for the challenge. There is 5 weeks left and it is amazing what can be accomplished in that time. If you finish just one item, you are the winner, in any case.

I'm hand quilting this wall hanging. Do you see the zip bag with all my threads? I always wax my threads first and now put them in this bag (one of my kitty cats loves to chew on my threads and I have to put them all away now).

For hand quilting, I also use two thimbles and a tip off of a latex glove (for washing dishes, etc.) for grabbing my needle to pull it through the layers of the quilt.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Please explain, two thimbles on what fingers and the "finger" where? It is a beautiful quilt you are working on.

sewkalico said...

This is very pretty! You are doing well with this challenge.

Cathi said...

This is really a pretty piece. Do you use a thimble on your thumb as well as your middle finger?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rose Marie...this is just so beautiful...

Betsy said...

Rose Marie, it is beautiful.

~Bren~ said...

I love it!!! I use the tip of a rubber glove finger too. Sure makes a difference getting that little between, loaded to the max, pulled through the quilt!

Brenda said...

Your quilt is very pretty and the stitching looks wonderful. My cat, Chicca, loves to play with my embroidery threads I have to keep them in a tin. Aren't they wonderful?

Teresa said...

How pretty is that quilt!

I have a couple of questions...do you use one thimble on the left hand and one on the right, or both thimbles on both hand?

Do you cut your thread before you wax it? Do they not get tangled up on that bag?