Monday, May 1, 2023

April and May Binding Challenge

Well .... we did it again!  April came and went and we both have another quilt done.

This is no-blog Mary's quilt.  The before on the left and with the binding on the right.  Mary said that she doesn't even remember making this quilt .... so it is very, very OLD!

 This is my tulip quilt and I will be showing more of the quilt on another post.

For our May challenge, Mary dipped her hand into a black garbage bag (yes, these bags holding her quilts gives me the chills) and pulled out this quilt.  Surprise!  This is another huge quilt and the pattern is Pushin up Spring by Apple Blossom Quilts.  She doesn't remember making this quilt; but, the pattern was published in 2009 ... so, I'm guessing this has to be very old also.

For me, my red/neutral circle quilt is being done for May.  Can you see all the blue x lines .... don't worry as they will all disappear once this quilt is washed.  I use Crayola Washable Markers and they work for me.  I want this quilt ready for hanging in our living room for the month of June/July to help celebrate Canada Day.  All the other red swirls is the quilting called Circle Meander.

It is a busy time for me right now.  Cottage season is opening soon and I'm gearing up for the first run out there to open the cottage and bring in supplies for the season.  

Also, my husband is on a month long Parkinson's program to help him with this disease.  It runs four days a week for an hour each day.   He was on a six week program to help him build up strength in his muscles as he was having difficulty just getting out of a chair and walking.  He has been working a bit in the garden and is using a cane for balance.  

You may have noticed that my posts are not as frequent each week.  Life is just too busy right now and my quilting and blogging are starting to be put on the back burner.  You know how it is .... life gets in the way and we must deal with these things.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Good job on your bindings ladies!!

Did you prewash or treat the red fabric in the circle quilt? I bought red and white fabric for a strictly red and white quilt. Colour Catchers have always worked for me, but then I've never done a red/white quilt before!

Jennifer said...

Mary's 'surprises' just keep coming, don't they! Love your red and white quilt.....sending best wishes to you both.

loulee said...

Beautiful quilts.

Deb said...

I remember that design pushing up springs loved it and still on the list to make no matter how old that pattern is
Your red and whit looks awesome!

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased to see both of you still meeting the binding challenge...... Excited for you for cottage season I know you love it so much but we will miss you......