Friday, March 17, 2023

Dilly Flower surfacing again

This month, my Dilly Flower will be worked on again.

I was going with the applique on the layout shown below, but that got scrapped.

This will be the new applique that will be sewn.   The look is daintier and I'm much happier now and can finally move on with this project. 
Once I was happy with the layout .... with a few changes ..... I got right into doing prep work for the applique.
Before I knew it, one half of the applique has been done.  Now onto the last half and then time for borders!

Edit 23/03/2023:  the vine design is not mine .... I got the image from Shutterstock.com .... just changed it up a bit to my liking by adding in different leaves and dots.
Lots of green for St. Patrick's Day!  

Our area is due for some kind of storm .... will it be rain or snow?  Right now, we are on the cusp of snow to the north and rain to the south.  It will be interesting to see what happens as the day goes on. 

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a pretty border....you are expecting snow storms, and we are in for quite a heatwave!

cityquilter grace said...

final choice lovely rose marie...i'm guessing it's machine applique?

Kim said...

Perhaps you'll get both rain and snow. =) Stranger things have happened. The new applique for Dilly Flowers is lovely. What a gorgeous quilt this will be!

Florida Farm Girl said...

This quilt of yours encouraged me to at least attempt EPP. I must admit, though, that its a royal struggle for me and hasn't gotten very far. I love that applique. Will it be on only one end? Whatever, its lovely.

Kyle said...

Your applique design is a garden vine beginning to bloom. It's lovely.

Vicki W said...

Your applique is lovely!

loulee said...

Beautiful applique. Yes much lighter. How did the storm go, rain or snow?

Deb said...

I love the lighter selection as well on the top of Dilly it is more you, to me! Great way to celebrate St Patricks day with these wonderful colours!