Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February and March Binding Challenge

The end of February cheated us of a few days when we are used to either 30 or 31 days in a month .... but I got my quilt finished just in the nick of time!

No-blog Mary was ahead of me this month.  My quilt didn't have it's binding on yet and with only two days to go ..... whew got there in the end.

This is Mary's quilt for February:



and this is my quilt (another post to follow on this quilt):

Now, for March, Mary put her hand in the garbage bag and out came this quilt.  She never knows what she will pull out .... always a surprise.  I had to ask her about this quilt.  She thinks it was a Super Bowl mystery but can't remember when she made it; but she had to concentrate a lot while doing it.  The size is a queen.  Yikes, that will keep her busy!

My March quilts to bind will, hopefully, be these two.  I want to get them done and to the lady that is organizing a May drop-off to the women's shelter.  At least one will get done and the second quilt will be a BONUS!

You know how some birthdays just come and go without much fuss?  Well, I just had my 16th blog birthday on the 22nd of this month!  Sixteen years of blogging!!!  OMG.  The thing is, I forgot all about it!  What a time this has been.  Oh my, I remember my first post and wondered if anyone would be interested to even read my blog and, yes,  you are still reading me.  Thank you for your support!  Sixteen years ago, there were so many quilting blogs and I do miss quite a few of my favourite blogs that are no more.  How many more years will this blog be still running?  As long as there is something up on my design wall and my fingers can still work their magic, then there is something to write about.  Time will tell.  

It is snowing here again this morning.  We have at least 2' of packed snow in our backyard.  It will take a while before that snow melts once the warmer weather arrives.  Will March come in like a lion or a lamb?  It is supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow with temp around zero.  If so, then end of March will see a blizzard or another snowstorm.

As far as snow goes, we haven't had as much this year.  It has been a crazy winter so far.  We've had a good share of snow, but also days of rain which has packed down the snow a lot.  There has also been balmy days resulting in a good melt of snow during those days.  Spring is around the corner .... just what corner?  LOL

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, sweet 16 👍 I love Mary's star quilt. I chuckle everytime you call her " No blog Mary". It's great to have a quilting friend!

cityquilter grace said...

spring is here rosemarie...around my corner...LOL! we have daffs blooming already...but i'm off to maine end of march and no doubt will see plenty of snow...

loulee said...

Some lovely finishes, and the promise of more to come.
16 years for you too, I began a little later in the year, but I hit 16 this year too and we are in good company, Chookyblue just had her 16th as well. You're right, so many lovely bloggers no longer write, like you I miss many of them.

Kyle said...

You and Mary are just too funny with her garbage bag pulls. But you both get a star for keeping up the good work of getting those quilts done and even on their way. Congrats on 16 year! That's quite a record of your quilting journey. We've had a cold winter here which is actually unusual for my little corner of Colorado. But we do get teased with a few spring like days.

Jennifer said...

Happy blog-versary....wow, 16 years! That's a great achievement, I will make 15 later this year. Well done on the binding, Mary's star quilt is interesting - I really like that design. We're having a burst of warmer weather but hopefully autumn is just around the corner, we're seeing signs of colour fading in some trees.