Saturday, November 27, 2021

Oh, those squirrels!

Well, I have a very bad squirrel problem here!  Only in my studio just in case someone really thinks that there are squirrels in the house.  LOL

After finishing my last top with the rectangles, more pieces were cut out and another top started.  If I really concentrated on this project, the top will be sewn together very quickly.  It is just that easy to do.

Oh, dear ..... then after purchasing the 2021 November/December version of Fons & Porter "Love of Quilting", there was a star quilt that kept me going back to look at.  So, I've started my own version and am doing it in the EPP method using mostly Xmas fabrics.


 

So, that is where I'm at now with projects.  My UFO's have been abandoned for now, but they will get pulled off the shelf in the new year when enthusiasm comes around for goal setting, etc.  You know how it goes!  LOL

Last week when I Zoomed with Chookyblue and other ladies from around the globe, I mentioned how cold it could get up here.  This was the second time that I Zoomed with these ladies and how interesting it was.  

It snowed overnight and this is what we woke up to.  A good couple of inches.  This snow could stay for a few days because the temp. will stay below freezing.  The windchill is making it much colder but not as cold as it can be during the winter months.  So there, Zoom ladies, this is just the start of much more snow!

There was a scramble last night to pull out winter boots.  Check.  They are out and ready to be used.  Hats, scarves and gloves.  Check, check and check.  Snow tires on the car?  Check!  We are ready for winter!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your new star project.....and the scrappy one too! Yep, that looks like snow to me......

Kyle said...

Love those reds and greens in the star. It's a classic. The perfect squirrel project.

Kim said...

It looks freezing there, says me where it is blue skies and warm. =) Oh my, the star quilt is going to be gorgeous! Totally understand why those UFO's are now sitting on the shelf.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh your christmas stars are sooo beautiful...that is going to be a stunning quilt when finished....it snowed here yesterday for about 8 minutes...few flurries gone as soon as they landed...45 today tho!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Rose Marie you have done very well with your UFO's so a few squirrels along the way are not too bad. It is all good. Stars are always welcome!

Chookyblue...... said...

I tell you the squirrels are bad aren't they.... Lol
Was so nice to see you on zoom and I do love snow photos..... Thankyou for sharing......