Friday, August 6, 2021

Borders!

This is where I'm at with my circles project.  The fabrics for the piano key borders are all selected now and I'm liking how it blends in with the circles.  Only 4-1/2 rows to do and then it can be assembled.  This will be a small lap size quilt when done .... unless I put on an outer border.  We'll see ....

This ufo is back up on my design wall.  Only two more blocks to do and this to can be assembled.
Our garden at present.  Love how it looks!

The dog days of August are upon us.   While looking out our living room window yesterday, I saw a tree that is changing colours.   Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

More mask making will be happening.  My dear young nieces will be needing a batch of new masks for when they go back to school.  They love their masks and treat it as an accessory.  Their Mom told me that it is quite the selection time when they decide which four masks they will wear for each day.

Also, I will be making more masks for hubby and I.  Now that we are fully vaccinated, we are both going out more and more masks are needed.  We take mask wearing up here very seriously and have been all during the covid mask wearing mandate.

As of yesterday, this is the stats for our area:
Total cases:  655
Deaths:  8
Active cases:  5
Hospitalized:  1
Resolved cases:  642
Residents with at least one vaccine dose (ages 12+):  77.8%  
Residents totally vaccinated (ages 12+):  68.2%

Like I mentioned, we take mask wearing very seriously and this has helped our area stay under control!

Tomorrow night will be our first time we have had people over for supper since January 2020.  I'm so excited.  All attending, except two children under 10, are fully vaccinated.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

No comments: