Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Wheels keep moving!

I try to work on this project for a few minutes each day.  There are times when I'm just too tired to do much but look and admire what has been done.

Today, it was pinning the wheels to the background fabric to get started.

That wheel has now been appliqued on.  One down, another thirteen to go.  Today, another wheel will be pinned in place and so on.  Perhaps by mid-December, this top should/could be done?  Maybe?

Now, how about a guessing game?  Do you have any idea what this is?

How about a mask for Pixie (Elf on the Shelf)!  She has to have a mask for safe travels back to Santa's workshop!  We all wear masks here in the province of Ontario and that means the elf has to have one too.  She is outside the usual bubble and she has to keep her distance too!
I wonder what my great-nieces will think of this?  Guess I will find out later today as this is the first day Elf appears leading up to Xmas.  This will be the 3rd Xmas she has made her appearance with my great-nieces.  I can still remember the first time that I saw Elf and made the horrible mistake of reaching out and touching her skirt.  Oh my, horrors upon horrors!  That was a definite no-no.  Their Mom had to (and I do mean 'had to') write a special note to Santa telling him how Aunt Rosie didn't know about the no-touch rule and to ask Santa to reset the Elf so that she would function properly.  Last year, the girls reminded me not to touch Elf.  Years down the road, perhaps they might read about this on my blog and know where that mask came from.  LOL

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Kyle said...

What a sweet story about the Elf and the addition of the mask for this year only I hope. You work like I do, do a bit each day so that I'm not overwhelmed and make better progress. The wheels look great.

eloidastitches said...

I really enjoyed the story of the little Elf. I did not know that she can't be touched, so I learned something new! Lovely progress on your quilt. You did an awesome job stitching that circle. That is quite a challenge to keep it from shifting while stitching.

Jennifer said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully.....and I love the story of Pixie!

Lily Allen said...

I really enjoyed the story of the little Elf.Thanks for the share.
clipping path

Allison said...

I love the way your quilt is turning out!! It's so beautiful!