Thursday, September 17, 2020

Bumper Crop

Leaves are turning colours in our neck of the woods here in Northern Ontario, Canada.  Temperatures are starting to dip and there is a nip in the air in the mornings.  Time to start pulling out warmer clothes.

So glad that this wall hanging is done and done in time for fall (even though fall is officially not here yet)!

I love fall quilts and pumpkin quilts and can add another one to the mix.

Here is a bit of eye candy!  Enjoy!


We have been getting frost advisories lately and we have been covering up some of the plants that are still blooming.  Soon, the garden will go to sleep until spring.
Back of the quilt.  There wasn't enough of the pumpkin fabric, so I made do with what was on hand with additions.  Use it all up!

Quilt Details:

Pattern Source:  "Bumper Crop" by The Quilt Patch pattern company

Started:  October 2010 (what 10 yrs. ago already????)

Top finished:  November 2014

Quilt finished:  September 2020

Size:  56-3/4" x 64-1/4"

Batting:  80/20 Hobbs polyester/cotton

Machine quilted by:  Kathy of Kat's Quilts

This weekend I will be pulling out my autumn quilts and hangings.  I do admit to having a lovely selection to chose from to display.   All my pumpkins can be brought out of storage too!   Can you tell that I'm a happy camper?  LOL

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your new pumpkin quilt! Wish I could be there to see your fall decorations - they are lovely.

eloidastitches said...

Looks like a cheerful cozy quilt. Just what you need for the cooler cloudy days of fall.

Kyle said...

Fall is a beautiful time of the year and you have another lovely autumn quilt to add to your collection.

Canuck Quilter said...

I admit that I am not quite ready for fall yet, but give me another week or two and I'll be OK. I do love a pretty fall quilt and yours is no exception. It has a great back too. I have been piecing my backs more often recently, adding a strip down or across the middle to add length to a single length of fabric to make it work.