Sunday, June 23, 2019

Six months so far .....

For the past six months, I have been keeping tabs on my long list of tops and ufo's.  So how did I do?

At the beginning of January, this was my list of 22 tops.  I do better when an actual photo of each top is shown instead of just writing the top name on a sheet of paper.
As we are winding down to the end of June, here is where I'm at with my tops.  Six tops crossed off.  Finished quilts!  So, so lovely to see!
But look, here is a pile of five quilts that just need binding, sleeves and labels and then they can be crossed off one-by-one this summer.  They will be coming with me to the cottage to be worked on in the cool mornings.  So, I'm in a happy place with my tops to-be-quilted list.
Now, what about my ufo's?  Again, at the beginning of January, this photo was taken of my 35 ufo's (a few more were found during a studio clean-up and are not on this photo, sigh).  
So far this year ..... well, not so good.  Only two crossed off the list.  Five more projects need to be worked on and crossed off in the next six months.  So, I had better get cracking because this is part of my five-year plan.  Get seven ufo's crossed off each year .... at least!

I'm trying very hard not to start something new (except for two that are secret for now) .... we will see how that goes!  LOL  With all those ufo's, just picking one and working on it to completion will feel like starting something new.  Some of them are THAT old.  

Sometime this week, my sister and I are heading off to the cottage (while our hubbies stay home...yes, sob, sob!) and this quilt is coming with me.  The binding is on but needs hand sewing to finish it.  Sleeve and label will be made and those can be added while I'm at the cottage.
Have a great week!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well......you are making progress, even if it's not as much as you wanted! Well done! Enjoy your cottage time.

Carla Bataran said...

Big congratulations! In my book this is a great achievement and one to be proud of. Right now I’m working on piecing the backing for a bar string quilt in memory of my maternal Grandmother. I have been eyeing the leftover strings and almost drooling. I intend to sew them into rows of 3” finished bars with 4 bars sewn together to end up with a 12” finished square. Will set together with narrow soft white sashing. So far I have been able to stave off the monster to work on this quilt instead of completely finishing my ‘Grandma Knowles’ quilt. So your post really had me laughing and added to my thin incentive to keep on with my current quilt! So dear quilter, I thank you for your post but from helping to save me from myself. Haha. Happy quilting and have a wonderful time with your sister.

Kyle said...

Enjoy seeing your progress and your photo project spreadsheets.

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck getting some more projects finished.....