Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Another month ... another finish

March is here already ..... and the snow is still falling.  No time to lament about the snow.  Just grin and bare it because soon it will start to melt.

In the meantime, here is another finish.

My apple core quilt which I call "Red Delicious".
Why?  See the red border before the outer border?  Red skin for the red delicious apple.  Get it?  LOL


 Done!

Quilt details:
Started:  May 2014
Top Finished:  December 2015
Quilt finished:  February 2019  Hand pieced!
Quilt size:  57" x 81-1/4" (before washing and drying: 58" x 82-1/4")  This quilt was washed and dried on a rack.
Batting:  80/20 poly cotton
Machine quilted by:  Kat's Quilts (a new LAer to our area).

So, that is two finishes for this year so far.  Three more quilts in waiting for binding.
Are you up for some garage photos?

Claudia's hexagon top by Edyta Sitar.  Claudia has been working on this for a while now.  Isn't it just gorgeous!  Darlene has been working on a wedding ring that you can see on the left side.  Yellow and blues.
 A close-up of the broderie perse.
Claudia and a new project.  Lovely!
Darlene is hand quilting a hexagon top.  Can't show photos yet.
Darlene is showing a rug hooking that Karin wanted to get rid of and Darlene is now the happy recipient and will be turning this piece into a sofa cushion for her cottage.
Karin was busy redoing a block that she had issues with.  Wool work applique.  We are all hoping to see a finished top soon.  Eh, Karin?
 
We do have a new member, but for some reason, I didn't take any photos of what she was working on.  I guess I was just admiring and drooling over everyone's projects that I forgot.  My bad!

Here is me and Coach.  I'm trying to work on my embroidery.  We manage.  LOL
This is where I'm at with my embroidery.  February was a good month and this is what I've been bringing with me to the garage.  Stitch-by-stitch .... inch-by-inch ..... this is getting done.
February was a good month.  We all kept busy.  Let's see what March does.

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

julieQ said...

How lovely and soft...perfect! And hand pieced...you go girl!!

Jennifer said...

Red Delicious are one of my favourite apples, and your quilt is delicious too! Love the garage work......Claudia's quilt is exquisite. Looks like we will have another finish soon, your embroidered quilt doesn't have long to go now.

eloidastitches said...

Wow, you are just motoring right along, not wasting any time with your finishes!! Love your applecores with that beautiful red border. Loved seeing what all the garage girls have been up to as well. Hope you're staying warm. I think we are all a bit tired of the snow, and winter.

Kyle said...

I always enjoy the action in the garage. Your Red Delicious quilt is wonderful made up with all those different fabrics and the red border is perfect. Great finish.

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing all the lovely garage pictures, both the quilts and your friends. I adore the apple core quilt. I would love to make one of those someday and it would be handpieced as well. I had to click on at least 12 photos before it would accept my comment!!!!

Barb said...

What a wonderful apple core quilts and a fabulous name.
Looks like a great group to sew with!